New guy intro

tomplum

Reaction score
Country
United States
This forum is chocked full of so much great cam info and lots of great members, I have to start w/ a big thanks. I have a TF+ Premium on the way which will be my first dash cam. It will be mounted in a full size van. I don't quite have my head wrapped around yet where exactly the mount will be. I haven't really seen if there are picture quality differences in regards to mounting the cam high on the windshield vs low. Or for that matter if there are differences if the cam is mounted close in to the windshield vs somewhat farther back. I may have the option considering it is a taller vehicle w/ a good sized windshield plus lots of surface area on the dash itself. If anyone has thoughts that could help guide, I would appreciate it. TIA

High on the window and aimed slightly down gives both a better field of view and also better auto exposure and auto white balance results, if it works for your vehicle it's the ideal location for optimum results, most often this is also the most discrete location as well

@tomplum Hi and welcome to the forum jokiin,s advice is sound......it helps if the camera is pointing out of the vehicle as well (DOH :rolleyes: ) just joking. Enjoy your camera and this forum its both informative and educational..........Ipol:D.......and hopefully fun as well. @ jokiin a long running french quiz program has started to give sports cameras as runner up prizes not sure what make though, it doesnt stay on screen long enough to verify the brand name. Dashcams here as well are starting to get more media exposure.

Welcome. To add, the best place is also behind the rearview mirror. This way police can't say it blocks your view and even better they won't see it. You would be surprised that this slight camouflage is effective. As noted here with the camera that captured his dealer over charging him, discreet is important.

Next is to make sure, it's in a place that is cleared by the windshield wipers.

Neat. We'll find her home up high. Currently I have the rear view out as you can see out the back anyways. I do want to make it at least not too obvious. I would have gone with a smaller , or at least a less conspicuous cam- but I really liked this one. I had ordered it from Foxoffer as I didn't see one in stock stateside. It may be a while yet. I got the memory card today. . .Thanks again.

I had ordered it from Foxoffer as I didn't see one in stock stateside. It may be a while yet.
SpyTec in New York used to carry the TF2 +P but as the new Marcus line is said to be here in a month or less they are moving on to that.

I have mine mounted with the 3M mount. I may be switching over to rear view mirror mount depending on what I can put together, but with the 3M mount mounted right below my mirror bracket only the buttons are exposed making it perfect if i need to tap my event button.

with a little research I have discovered the sports camera being given away as prizes on the french quiz show are Exicom the e.zixtreme cam to be precise not cheap at just under 300 euros ...There is a UK company advertising them as well apparently there is an android app available as well......Ipol

Back