New ITB-100HD with Player Problem Windows 7 x64

NVBob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I've been looking for a decent dashcam for a while. Think I've finally found this one and I'm happy with it except for one problem.
Everything seems to be working properly except for playback on the ITB Player. All I see is vertical lines. The GPS works along with sound and also the speed indicator. It plays fine on Windows media player when I select an avi file and play it. Put this is what I see when I play it on the ITB Player.
YouTube video:
Itronics itb0-1000HD problem

I have sent the link along with a short email through ebay to apple-ct who I bought the camera from. Shipping was very fast as I paid for EMS.
I have tried several times with two different SD cards. I have formatted the cards both using the player and the format feature on the dash cam. I have switched it to 15fps and still don't see any change.
Firmware version: 2.0
Viewer version: 1.0.0
Player version: ITB-100HDE PC Player ver 1.0.0 20120126 Australia.exe
This is what I see:

I found that the software works fine on a different computer using Windows XP and 32bit.
So maybe the problem is with a computer running Windows 7 x64?
Is anyone else running the program under Windows 7?

Attachments

• ITD1000a.jpg
    ITD1000a.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 778
Re: New ITB-1000HD with Player Problem Windows 7 x64

Hi NVBob,

I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit and the ITB-100HD player works fine. Not sure what the Australian version is but perhaps try the player on the main site.

Dash Cam Man

Re: New ITB-1000HD with Player Problem Windows 7 x64 fixed

Update, FIXED

I had tried assigning compatibility for the program to run under Windows XP Service Pack 3 and then XP Service Pack 2 and both let me see a blank screen although everything else worked fine.
I ran the Windows comparability manager on the program twice and finally the program runs properly. I believe that Windows only changed one setting. It disabled visual themes. That appears to be the only setting change I can find. But now the program runs beautifully.

Oh, and this is only the 2nd day I have had this dash cam and my wife was pulled over for an alleged traffic violation. The video would have been essential in showing that she did not do anything wrong. Luckily she got a warning and but it shows the value of having a dash cam.

Attachments

• Themes.jpg
    Themes.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 769

Hi NVBob,

Glad you got it to work and for providing an update. It will help others who may have the same problem.

Dash Cam Man

Well, the problem has returned. The setting for disabling visual themes makes no difference again. I have the same problem. No idea what changed or why this happened but it is re-occurring.

Hi NVBob,

That is very strange. This seems to be a Windows problem (perhaps the video card?) rather than the Itronics software problem. If you figure out a solution let us know.

Dash Cam Man

NVBob said:
Is anyone else running the program under Windows 7?

The player works fine for me under Win 7 x64.

Could it be a video codec issue? Perhaps try installing one of the better codec packs that you can find online?

Hi NVBob,

The player links with VideoLAN player internally (aka VLC), so if you download VLC yourself and try playing the videos you may find the problem is with VLC. If it works, it's still possibly the issue is there and that you'll need to hunt around for a version of VLC that matches the version shipped with the itronics player if that makes sense. Anyway, the upshot is that on another thread ("Itronics player doesn't work on slower computers") I've posted a little hack you can use to inject your own custom settings to the underlying VLC dll. You can use this to set various debugging options/fallbacks.

Cheers

Pev

I'm pretty computer literate but could use some clarification and advise.
I can play the avi files just fine with windows media player. What I want to do is use the Itronics player so I can view the gps track as well as look at the recorded files. The files work the way they are supposed to on a Windows XP machine my wife uses. I want it to work on my computer.
Is there an updated codec that inserts itself into the Itronics player that might fix the problem?
I have been wondering that possibly the video card might be a problem. So the question about the video card is a good one. I just don't know and wonder if there is a way to determine if the video card is at fault. It's a Radeon HD 6700 series card. I'm thinking of getting a new card anyway so maybe this will be a good reason to go ahead.

I'm thinking of getting the Visiontek Radeon HD 7770 Graphic Card. Any thoughts? What is the difference between cards with identical model numbers but made under Asus, AMD, or Visiontek etc anyway?

I really like this dash cam and definitely recommend it. Apple-ct is who I bought it from and I'm pleased with their shipping. However the language barrier hinders trying to resolve any tech issues.

Hi NVBob,

If the videos are working in Windows Media Player, I don't think it is the video card. You should try out what Pev suggests. Download VLC Media Player and see if it works. You may want to install the K-Lite Codec Pack as well. If those don't work, try out the hack that Pev suggests.

Dash Cam Man

I tried the VLC player download. It has the same vertical lines as the video plays. The same problem.

I tried the libvlc proxy dll swap and it did not fix the problem.

If the avi files play fine on windows media player. How can installing the Codec package help. As that package is supposed to let Windows Media Player play the avi etc files and the avi files already play fine in Windows Media Player?

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other ideas?

Here is the codec that the vlc player identifies in an video from the camera

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 14 01.42.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 14 01.42.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 300

Hi NVBob,

It appears the problem is the VLC player. You should try changing the video output as per the VLC FAQ. There are a few tips there. If you can get the VLC player to work based on those tips, you should be able to get the ITB player to work.

Dash Cam Man

Well, I got the VLC player to work. It will work with Accelerated video either on or off.
But i got VLC player to work by setting the output module to either DirectX and Windows GDI output modules. It also works on the Direct 2D setting.

Howerver saving these settings in VLC Player do not have any effect when I run the ITB player. That still reads the GPS but the video is still green, blue or red vertical lines.
How do i get the ITB player to accept these settings?

I'll keep playing around with it but your help is appreciated.

Merry Christmas

Hi NVBob,

I am not an expert with VLC by any means but perhaps Pev can help out. He created a DLL to change the VLC settings in this thread. Based on the VLC Command Line Help, it looks like you need to create a proxy libvlc.dll file that includes the following command.

--direct3d-hw-blending
or possibly this command.
--directx-hw-yuv

Pev any thoughts?

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:

I finally figured out that you meant to add the
--direct3d-hw-blending
line to the libvlc_options.txt file.
I thought the changes were to go into the libvlc.dll or libvlc_actual.dll files.
Then I tried adding the line --direct3d-hw-blending to the options file and ITB Player would not start. I tried it with just with --showoptions and the player started but no options came up.

This is what I get when I put in the line --direct3d-hw-blending
I also tried the line --directx-hw-yuv and it started but still could not view the video.

--ffmpeg-hw doesn't help

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 16 16.29.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 16 16.29.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 271

Hi NVBob,

Pev is the expert on this since he created the DLL, so I'm not sure what else would work. Perhaps PM him.

An alternative is to upgrade the driver for your video card.

Dash Cam Man

Just letting you know my drivers are all up to date. So it has to be something else.
I am considering buying a new video card.
If I'm having this problem I'm sure others with a Windows 7 64x machine will have the same problem too. So if we can solve it I know that it would help others.
Thanks,
Merry Christmas

Sorry that I couldn't be of more help on this issue. Note that there are 2 other English players available now from Itronics. The 1.3.2 version and the ITB-100HD SP 1.2.0 version. You can find the links on the main Itronics ITB-100HD page. Not sure if they will help with your problem though.

I tried the 1.3.2 version but no change. Ugh!! :(

I got my ITB-100HD camera last day, and installet the player software on my pc. The pc is running Windows 7 pro x64 . 8 gig RAM, Intel core i3-2100 CPU 3,10 GHz.
No troubble at all, both old and new player is working fine.

Back