New Lk-7950 purchase - Issues

I did another trial in the parking mode. It is really sensitive in motion mode, after watching moved the setting down to the least sensitive.
Something I noticed, when I opened my rear hatch to put my groceries in it seems a g-shock or impact event should have been triggered.
Nothing happened, also, if an impact event should occur then that should show up on the XYZ graph.
Maybe enter the car and give the camera a little wack to set off an event... although, when I enter the vehicle the ramp comes out and drops on the ground with a big bang, that should be enough to trigger... one more test to see if anything is displayed in the XYZ graph... it should I think, if not then what is the point in having that graph in the viewer if it doesn't work when it is needed... I will test and see...

So after a bit of test on my own personal LK7950, There is no longitude information on the lukas viewer. However it does correctly show my location on the actual map.
There is also no XYZ Graph data on any event file. However the event files are being triggered correctly.

So after a bit of test on my own personal LK7950, There is no longitude information on the lukas viewer. However it does correctly show my location on the actual map.
There is also no XYZ Graph data on any event file. However the event files are being triggered correctly.
Mine is exactly the same, they are simply displaying a default coordinate constructor value 00000.0000 and need to point their code to the actual values which are clearly there as the speed displayed on the back of the camera is spot on and in the viewer the Google Map displays the correct location. Should be a very simple firmware fix if Lukas is aware of this item.

Fully agree with you BusterDuster!
I think its time for Lukas to send you a offer letter of employment ;)
Very kind thought :)
Regardless of what you are developing, software, hardware, firmware, etc. you have to pound on it to make it good.
Unfortunately, most projects are running to a schedule so things slip by for releases, catch on the next bump.
Bill Gates would release operating systems still in beta, i.e. Vista (what a hunk of crap).

I was trying to test the parking mode impact in my garage last evening and it doesn't work there, Sam said you need to capture satellites first.
Late this afternoon I will drive out to an area that has nothing, just rocks and see if the motion detector keeps silent and test the impact event in parking mode.
I have the motion sensitivity on the lowest and the impact on the highest settings.

I was trying to test the parking mode impact in my garage last evening and it doesn't work there, Sam said you need to capture satellites first.
Late this afternoon I will drive out to an area that has nothing, just rocks and see if the motion detector keeps silent and test the impact event in parking mode.
I have the motion sensitivity on the lowest and the impact on the highest settings.

I don't think Sam was correct in saying that the GPS needs to be connected before the g-sensor is active.

The G-sensor on my LK7950 is always very sensitive. Just entering my car while its in parking mode makes a event file. The motion detection always is very sensitive. I park out side near a willow like tree, and if its a windy day, my card will be full of motion files of the tree moving in the wind.

I don't think Sam was correct in saying that the GPS needs to be connected before the g-sensor is active.

The G-sensor on my LK7950 is always very sensitive. Just entering my car while its in parking mode makes a event file. The motion detection always is very sensitive. I park out side near a willow like tree, and if its a windy day, my card will be full of motion files of the tree moving in the wind.
In park mode my LK-7950 is also very sensitive to motion. Last evening I could not set off the g-sensor (XYZ) in park mode while I was in the garage (I slammed the door). Going to try later today out in an open rocky desolate area... let you know.

In park mode my LK-7950 is also very sensitive to motion. Last evening I could not set off the g-sensor (XYZ) in park mode while I was in the garage (I slammed the door). Going to try later today out in an open rocky desolate area... let you know.
I parked on top of a hill to test the parking motion and impact for the LK-7950. It actually seemed to work pretty good. I have a three minute delay to get out of the car because I'm handicap and it takes about that long to transfer. The camera stayed in "Always" mode until the three minutes were up then went into Parking mode.

There might be motion segments missing though, not sure. A car drove ahead and parked and some people got out, there is no motion event file for that (could be they were too far - motion setting is at least sensitive). I tapped the camera and that sent off an event. Also another car drove by, it picked it up with the front motion camera coming by but they parked behind me, people got out with golf clubs, climbed the hill and that is missing, they were closer. When the car left it was picked up as an motion/event file. Maybe I'm confused about how the sequencing of the files work or there is some lag or overlap here... little confused.

From Parking mode the files are saved into the MotionMovie folder on the SD that are "motion oriented". The files that are "impact or Event oriented" are saved in the microSD EventMovie folder. So here is where it gets weird. First video with an impact the inscription for the front file says "Motion" but the compliment rear file says Event (I tapped on the camera). The second video was also triggered with a tap on the camera but the automobile in the rear also left at the same time. The inscription at the bottom of the screen for the front said "Motion" and for the rear camera it said "Event" but then changed to "Motion", which actually makes sense except for the "Motion" on the front camera files . Two files that I triggered an Event by tapping the camera which said "motion" ended up in both the MotionMovie & EventMovie folders, go figure. Also, there is no XYZ graph data in the event files.

This is the first time I tried to work with parking mode diligently. There are a few oddities, maybe the some members can help lift the fog.

I got same video in both folders, I triggered an impact event at about the same time the automobile behind me was leaving, just figured that out after I made the video below (watch text at bottom of the screen) (thanks @Pier28 - I figured it out how to post video).
Note, if you watch in full screen mode move mouse cursor to very top of screen to see text at bottom of display.

I parked on top of a hill to test the parking motion and impact for the LK-7950. It actually seemed to work pretty good. I have a three minute delay to get out of the car because I'm handicap and it takes about that long to transfer. The camera stayed in "Always" mode until the three minutes were up then went into Parking mode.

There might be motion segments missing though, not sure. A car drove ahead and parked and some people got out, there is no motion event file for that (could be they were too far - motion setting is at least sensitive). I tapped the camera and that sent off an event. Also another car drove by, it picked it up with the front motion camera coming by but they parked behind me, people got out with golf clubs, climbed the hill and that is missing, they were closer. When the car left it was picked up as an motion/event file. Maybe I'm confused about how the sequencing of the files work or there is some lag or overlap here... little confused.

From Parking mode the files are saved into the MotionMovie folder on the SD that are "motion oriented". The files that are "impact or Event oriented" are saved in the microSD EventMovie folder. So here is where it gets weird. First video with an impact the inscription for the front file says "Motion" but the compliment rear file says Event (I tapped on the camera). The second video was also triggered with a tap on the camera but the automobile in the rear also left at the same time. The inscription at the bottom of the screen for the front said "Motion" and for the rear camera it said "Event" but then changed to "Motion", which actually makes sense except for the "Motion" on the front camera files . Two files that I triggered an Event by tapping the camera which said "motion" ended up in both the MotionMovie & EventMovie folders, go figure. Also, there is no XYZ graph data in the event files.

This is the first time I tried to work with parking mode diligently. There are a few oddities, maybe the some members can help lift the fog.

I got same video in both folders, I triggered an impact event at about the same time the automobile behind me was leaving, just figured that out after I made the video below (watch text at bottom of the screen) (thanks @Pier28 - I figured it out how to post video).
Note, if you watch in full screen mode move mouse cursor to very top of screen to see text at bottom of display.

With the instance where you said a car drove up and people got out. However it did not trigger a event file.
I fear maybe you have not selected the field of view the camera is detecting motion from.
Please see attached screen shot. Those green circles indicate where with in the video the camera is looks my for motion. And if your looks similar to mine. With those green circles in the centre of the squares, then your camera is only caring about motion that is see in the centre of your footage.

a7b7e2aea6b6b4b6ec5dec553be18b56.jpg

I think I'm using the default settings for the detection areas but have the sensitivity at a minimum as that was suggested by @Sunny earlier I think.

motion settings.jpg
Boy, YouTube really hammers the uploaded video image compared to the raw AVI file.

Hey @BusterDuster,
Today I got a chance to test my Lk7950 to see if it was making those tiny "corrupt" files.
Results I found were that my LK7950 made exactly the same type of file. As you can see I also have two tiny files that were created after I turn my camera on for just a few seconds.
Lukas-lk7950-mini-files.jpg

However there are not corrupted, when I try to play them in VLC. VLC plays a video less then a second long showing exactly what I would expect a split second video of the parking lot my car was in.
Download video here

Have you tried to play the tiny videos that you have on your memory card in a video player like VLC?

From what I have found this is a normal function of the lk7950 to make slip second video if its only powered for a couple seconds. I will have to wait several days and confirm if these files will get rewritten over. However I do not see why they would not.

G-sensor seem pretty sensetive on all Lukas dashcams, i do hope they still give the users the opportunity to enter custom values.

In the future only will i be using G-sensor and only in relation to parking, dont need for driving as i record all the time.

Hi
I left my car at the airport for two weeks so removed the front camera so as not to tempt a theft. On return I had to set it back up and used my new Android S2 Tab. The F1-13 downloaded to the Tab from the Lukas Ap Uploaded to the camera (do not unzip) and updated itself. A lot easier than following the instructions for Windows.
Why has the Ap not got the same layout as Windows viewer or the same settings?
I am using the CP filter but even with brightness set to 5 it is dark, is it need in UK in the Autumn?
I thought I could turn off the Segment LED,s permanent, I thought I had in fact but the backside of mine is hidden by the mirror, but I notice they come on again at power up. I hate distractions. Has any body found a setting to keep them Off?
Its a lot easier to see and set up with a Samsung S2 Tab but the picture ratio is strange.
Given up with Windows there is just not enough hours left to wait for all the updating and sorting out that follows.

Back