New Mini 0803 Mount Design

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think about this ?

With the mount that you proposed you would see the mount in the left side of the video. I already see a line of it with my 0803 on GPS mount.

With the mount that you proposed you would see the mount in the left side of the video. I already see a line of it with my 0803 on GPS mount.
I dont see any of my mount, can you post a pic?

I suspect a quality problem with the pins has been the main cause of problems for the 0803. We have seen pictures of pins with inconsistent length and that may mean 1/4 of the clamping force is missing which would make the camera feel wobbly. I don't think the base of the camera is supposed to be a tight fit in the clamp, it is the springs in the pins that hold it tight.

The number of problem reports has already decreased even though the new clamp is not released - maybe they have already sorted the springs with the old bases.

After more testing, the length and strength of the pins on the new mount are more consistent than the ones on the old mount.

Kelvin

I don't see any of my mount, can you post a pic?
Sure. Just to clarify, I'm using the older style mount from the first photo above.
AMBA0062.JPGMounted on the windshield, camera rotated almost 45 degrees

AMBA0066.JPG
Against white background, no rotation.

AMBA0072.JPG
Against a white background, rotated 25-30 degrees.

Not only base "holder" parts are extended, but also opposite side should be also extended, the part on dashcam, if you know what I mean. In this case there is nothing to worry.

Got my 2nd 0803 delivered today bought from E-Prance and ordered through Amazon......its has come with the old style mount :-(

Got my 2nd 0803 delivered today bought from E-Prance and ordered through Amazon......its has come with the old style mount :-(
I still think they have already sorted the pins, or used new pins in the old mounts - are they all the same height and with the same strength springs that slide smoothly when you press them? If so then I wouldn't worry.

It does slide smoothly and to be honest seems a much better fit than the one I bought last week - but that might be because it is new..

What do you think about this ?

View attachment 7716

How's this?

eMtXrod.jpg

I like the way you've managed to cram Alien, Predator, Star Trek TNG and Back to the Future in there :)

received mine last Wednesday with 803 from foxoffer. Thinking it was the old style mount I put it in a temporary spot, now I need to re-mount. Should I just use the extra 3m tape included?

this issue has been sorted out many years ago (over 30 years) in the camera industry with their flash guns

as simple wheel or a leaver to add pressure to the mount and no movement there after, this image is of one of my flash guns, I've had for just under 10 years and its still going strong so I'm sure something like this for a DVR will out last the camera and fix the issue

FYI to all.

i got the new Mount on mine, ordered from foxoffer on 8/8/14 (Friday),… shipped on 13/8/14 (wednesday), received on 25/8/14 (Monday) to Perth, Western Australia.
IMG_20140917_170944.jpg

I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago from Amazon and received the new mount. No problems with it at all but it does feel as if repeated fitting and removal would loosen the mount so probably best to leave the unit in place and just extract the card.

I purchased mine about 3 weeks ago from Amazon and received the new mount. No problems with it at all but it does feel as if repeated fitting and removal would loosen the mount so probably best to leave the unit in place and just extract the card.

Most people shouldn't need to remove the Mini 0803 from the mount, unless you are parked in a very shady part of town. :)

Kelvin

My JooVuu camera came with the new style mount. For anyone considering swapping, be aware that the space required to the right of the camera (looking out of the car) to disengage from the mount will be greater due to the extra engagement length. A minor issue, but one that might trip someone up if they want to put the camera in *exactly* the same place with the new mount.

Back