New SD card saying full

Julia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just received my camera package today and it came with a 64GB Lexar SD card. When I insert it into the camera it says its full. I have checked it on my mac and it says it is empty, I did a quick format and tried it in the camera again and it still says card full. I have tried a 32GB in the camera and it works ok.
Do I need to do something special with the 64GB card?
Thanks

hello.. thanks for the quick response..
I have sorted it now. I formatted in on the Mac initially but that didn't work (quick format).
I couldn't initially work out how to get in the menu on the camera due to the 'card full' message occupying the screen but I've done it now and it's working.
Thank you :)

I have just received my camera package today and it came with a 64GB Lexar SD card. When I insert it into the camera it says its full. I have checked it on my mac and it says it is empty, I did a quick format and tried it in the camera again and it still says card full. I have tried a 32GB in the camera and it works ok.
Do I need to do something special with the 64GB card?
Thanks

Please format 64Gb microsd inside dashcamera.

hello.. thanks for the quick response..
I have sorted it now. I formatted in on the Mac initially but that didn't work (quick format).
I couldn't initially work out how to get in the menu on the camera due to the 'card full' message occupying the screen but I've done it now and it's working.
Thank you :)

ok thanks, I had to re-read and noticed you said quick format which made me rethink my response

we will have an update out soon which adds support for more 64gb cards, they do need to formatted in camera before use regardless rather than in computer

also as you're a Mac user best practice to format the card in the camera after any time you've had it in the Mac, the hidden system files that a Mac leaves on the cards can trip the camera up

Back