New to Dash Cam, few question!

This is not possible because these dashcams are not computers and are not connected to the internet.
Wireless is not the same thing as internet connection.

But you can create some special setup in the car with some special antennas to provide the live streaming of any camera with video out (standard definition, not HD) to bigger distances.
You can start your study from here.
But I don't think you want this because of too much trouble.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jokiin: I could use my iPhone 3g connection or something like that

@Mtz: This is really unfortunatly. So even if there is a wifi around I can connect the cam and then upload the livestream in real life on internet? I will have to send back this cam.

Is there anything I could plug on my car battery, connect to the closest wifi than watch in real time on the internet? Even if it is not a dash cam?

For anything regarding internet you will need something like a PC. And don't forget that the video is very much bandwith consuming and using some mobile internet will result in very high costs.

enjoy,
Mtz

DashCamGuy said:
Well I want to leave my car in parking mode and be able to see everything happen in live view at any distance (more than a kilometer. By internet connection)

Is that possible?

Basically NO the 500 has WIFI which is only for short distance IF you want that sort of thing buy a proper security camera.

A DASHCAM is just that its for recording while you are driving with the intention of recording accidents etc It is not a multimedia toy for all your bad driving to be broadcast across the internet.

If you want to sit and see whats happening go to a security guy and get him to set up a proper surveillance camera that WILL do the job.

Otherwise just use the dashcam in parking mode and pull the card later and read it.

@DashCamGuy why don't you ask your dad DashCamMan. He does run the site! :lol:

DashCamGuy said:
Well I want to leave my car in parking mode and be able to see everything happen in live view at any distance (more than a kilometer. By internet connection)

Is that possible?

Hello,

I am also looking for a dashcam that can upload videos to youtube or anywhere else as much as possible, even if I have to let a cell phone with permanent internet connection in the car, do you know which one is good for this ?

Thank you a lot.

luxuries4millionaire said:
DashCamGuy said:

Is that possible?

Hello,

I am also looking for a dashcam that can upload videos to youtube or anywhere else as much as possible, even if I have to let a cell phone with permanent internet connection in the car, do you know which one is good for this ?

Thank you a lot.

have never seen one that can do this, with recorded video of up to 100mb per minute of recording per camera I don't think anyone would justify the expense (or practicality) to upload video over a mobile connection

Thank you.

Recording high quality video seems a bit useless to me... are people going to watch them on their HD screen at home ?

It would be more useful to have low quality video that is automatically send to Youtube in case the car is stolen or the dashcam destroyed in an accident.

Recording high quality video seems a bit useless to me... are people going to watch them on their HD screen at home ?

I guess they do if they want to see any detail, the video isn't as useful if you struggle to see the detail

It would be more useful to have low quality video that is automatically send to Youtube in case the car is stolen or the dashcam destroyed in an accident.

even low quality video is bandwidth intensive

There are not that many good night vision dash cams with good sensitivity motion detection recording. FOr example TioTech series are OK for night recording, but their motion detection activation is very weak. The best low-light performance + very sensitive motion detection dash cam I have tested is Panorama2 by Powerucc.

Or there is a new range of GSM / GPS dash cameras out there coming soon that can send pictures ( videos ? ) via GSM to mobile or ftp

One model is already on sale:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0817233258

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-DVR- ... 77814.html

The only drawback is that at the moment automated file sending is only when collision is happened, but I am sure in near future more will be developed in this area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back