New to dashcams and looking to get serious about them

Mistro54

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I had been thinking about setting up a dash cam system into my '13 elantra gt for some time. after nearly being run off the road by a semi passing on a double solid line with my 4 month old son in the back, I am no longer thinking about it.

Just curious as to which features were most important to you all when you were starting out.

Parking mode seems neat as last year someone hit and run my car in a parking lot, but might be more of a novelty at this point.

parking mode is a bit of a double edged sword, it's not completely reliable so can give a false sense of security, it is also very taxing on components, the camera, memory card and vehicle battery all work very hard compared to what you may gain out of it

Welcome to forum !

What is your budget ?

Welcome mistro54

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking to be in $200 to $350 price range.

The street guardian sg9665gc is looking perfect for me although will get expensive if I want to run a second in the rear. Mostly digging the video quality and the stealthy form factor.

I found the black vu dr650gw-2check on sale. Still a little over my price range but looks like decent price for a great 2ch system. On the other hand black vu has a pile of features I am not going to use like cloud storage.

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking to be in $200 to $350 price range.

The street guardian sg9665gc is looking perfect for me although will get expensive if I want to run a second in the rear. Mostly digging the video quality and the stealthy form factor.

I found the black vu dr650gw-2check on sale. Still a little over my price range but looks like decent price for a great 2ch system. On the other hand black vu has a pile of features I am not going to use like cloud storage.

Generally I'd go with a product with proven support, development, and people from the factory you can talk to. Whilst it may be a little over budget, it's penny wise pound foolish, if anything goes wrong that little bit of extra money will be earned back by the end of the first help email you send.

Cheers,

In this case you do get what you pay for, in addition, the best service and support anywhere.

Welcome to the forum. Funny to see salesman making pitch on the forum.

Keep reading posts on this forum, (or at least until your lips get tired) and you will see.

:)

The internet is mostly crap, with occasional worthwhile content.

While there are sales and factory people on this site, and not much moderation, spam and unsubstantiated plugs and claims are usually easily identified.

Meds man. Take your meds. You are stressed.

As stressed as any man that go back and forth and only turn when he see a ocean :D you could agrue dash is this sites version of the running Forrest Gump

Back