New to dashcams, my A229 Plus came with unexpected firmware

sweetsuicide

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi,
I was just wondering: is it normal that a very recently delivered A229 Plus comes with a yet unpublished firmware? On the other hand I had to update the rear camera's firmware

IMG_0542.jpg

VIOFO does seem to release updated firmware versions to their manufacturing line before it's made available to the general public.

I was just wondering: is it normal that a very recently delivered A229 Plus comes with a yet unpublished firmware? On the other hand I had to update the rear camera's firmware
This is fine.
All Viofo models undergo many hours of testing with the latest firmware version installed, which they have at that time.
After the test, the models are on their way to the buyer with the firmware with which they passed the test.

Hi,

Yes, it would be unusual if it had the same date as the published version!

There is probably no significant difference to the latest published version, possibly something like an improved Italian language translation, but don't downgrade, just in case you have updated hardware and the new firmware was necessary to make it work.

Welcome :)

I just ordered a new A229 Pro and it came with a newer firmware as well. The website shows 1.1_231208 as the latest for the front cam, but this one has 1.1_240117 loaded on there.

Back