New update for F800 pro

As always, no information on what is new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw the firmware available in the app:

14adc18533e9995c7962569fee38f3e9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so strange. On the international site I can choose the firmware from many different countries.
It used to let me do that as well, until recently. I must admit that I am hesitant to update, as I am using a Samsung PRO Endurance SD Card, and I have read that they have disabled the use of certain 3rd party SD Cards in the past on previous models.

Whether this is true or not, I do not like the vague update release notes, and this latest one is particularly troubling with the rebooting twice. That really seems odd.

It used to let me do that as well, until recently. I must admit that I am hesitant to update, as I am using a Samsung PRO Endurance SD Card, and I have read that they have disabled the use of certain 3rd party SD Cards in the past on previous models.

Whether this is true or not, I do not like the vague update release notes, and this latest one is particularly troubling with the rebooting twice. That really seems odd.

Yeah it's stable as of last update. With the double restart I'm thinking they might change the framework hopefully for better features like parking cloud.

Never know if they might break something though. Currently I'm also using a Samsung Evo as a backup which works perfectly. I'll try to install it later if I can remember and get back to you.

Yeah it's stable as of last update. With the double restart I'm thinking they might change the framework hopefully for better features like parking cloud.

Never know if they might break something though. Currently I'm also using a Samsung Evo as a backup which works perfectly. I'll try to install it later if I can remember and get back to you.
That would be appreciated!

The firmware showed up on the US site earlier today, so I have downloaded it now.

That would be appreciated!

The firmware showed up on the US site earlier today, so I have downloaded it now.

Tried to update twice and nothing happened. Camera did not initiate update.

Tried to update twice and nothing happened. Camera did not initiate update.
That's not good. Were you doing the update via SD Card, or through the app?

I just updated mine. Nothing new from within the iOS App.

The developers (or maybe singular developer, who knows?) disrespect is by not giving us a detailed log. Who knows: the software guy might just be a single guy working from his basement.

My next dash cam will not be from Thinkware. In fact, I’m actually looking into possible going for a Blackvue for the cloud features. Thinkware might look like a good buy after a quick scan but when you actually are a customer and start using their products with failed promises, it makes you jump ship.

EDIT: We customers must make as much noise as possible when we feel our product we spent money on is not working as expected or is not working as promised by the manufacturer. The more we complain about the product and make it known to the public how unhappy we are with the product, the more pressure Thinkware should have in either delivering what was promised or making a better camera than this failure of a “cloud” dashcam.

Last edited:
The developers (or maybe singular developer, who knows?) disrespect is by not giving us a detailed log.
Sadly this is becoming commonplace nowadays. For example, most smartphone apps just say "bug fixes" or some generic copy paste for pretty much every update along the lines of "We make ongoing updates to improve your experience" etc.

My next dash cam will not be from Thinkware. In fact, I’m actually looking into possible going for a Blackvue for the cloud features.
Blackvue has it's share of issues as well, and there is no way in hell that they didn't know the 900s overheats before they released it. Sad!

Thinkware might look like a good buy after a quick scan but when you actually are a customer and start using their products with failed promises, it makes you jump ship.

I didn't buy it for the cloud features, but I prefer that a company under promises and over delivers , not over promises and under delivers. Again, this is happening more and more nowadays with pre-ordering/kickstarter/etc.

EDIT: We customers must make as much noise as possible when we feel our product we spent money on is not working as expected or is not working as promised by the manufacturer. The more we complain about the product and make it known to the public how unhappy we are with the product, the more pressure Thinkware should have in either delivering what was promised or making a better camera than this failure of a “cloud” dashcam.

I see where you are coming from, but personally I prefer to just vote with my wallet. I would generally not purchase a product based on what it might do in the future, but what it will do today!

In this forum you can see which companies have after sales support and proper firmware developing. No firmware developer will be perfect but when you see that somebody is listening to you and giving an answer or trying to implement your request, you will be more satisfied even your dashcam is not the best in the world.

enjoy,
Mtz

With this firmware update I see nothing new that really matters. I will check audio later today to see if is better or the same saturated distortion as before.

I bought the thinkware camera because of the gapless rear video that matches the front video length. Blackvue has a full second gap on rear videos.

Thinkware otherwise is wasting time launching a new “Sports” camera called M1 marketed for bikes and cars that is already inferior to all other sports dashcams in the market like the Garmin Virb XE or the Waylens Horizon which collect OBD2 data for video overlay.

Instead they should deliver on promises and complete products like the F800 Pro.
I see the product is incomplete without a real use for its cloud function.

Firmware updates with no information tells me they fixed only some low hanging fruit issues.

Last edited:
After installing firmware version 1.03.05 your dashcam settings will revert to factory presets requiring the reinstall of your personal preferences ! Would have been great if Thinkware seen fit to worn their clients.

That's not good. Were you doing the update via SD Card, or through the app?

Through the app. Downloaded twice then nothing happens. Previously had no issue, will use the sdcard method.

Update: @VSGCowboy Updated firmware through PC-Sdcard and it is working fine with the Samsung Evo+ card.

After installing firmware version 1.03.05 your dashcam settings will revert to factory presets requiring the reinstall of your personal preferences ! Would have been great if Thinkware seen fit to worn the clients.

I've had a few firmware updates that does this.

Last edited:
Fw 1.03.05 doesn’t resolve the over-amplified microphone issue. Audio still nearly useless.

Reactions: RLS
Thinkware > Think & Beware!

Too bad some of you didn't see this before buying.

More than 1 year from launch and still no Parking Incident Notifications and Remote Live Streaming!

Definitely my first and my last Thinkware!

I’d be delighted to join a lawsuit against Thinkware if there was one... the lack of respect for consumers will cost them. No information on recent firmware releases and no follow through on their promises.
As someone else said, this is my first and last Thinkware product.
They broke my trust and lost my respect.

Reactions: Nik
It is not uncommon for companies to cancel a feature that they had originally planned to include on their product. The unit that I purchased did not advertise any of these features on the packaging, so it would be extremely difficult to find an attorney that would take such a case.

The fact of the matter is that sometimes these things happen, and often there is no recourse.

I did receive a class action settlement of less than 10% of the purchase price for a graphics card that was falsely advertised on the packaging. The manufacturer admitted no fault, and just like pretty much always, only the attorneys got any significant amount of money out of it.

You could try to reach out to Thinkware and ask for a refund, but as the features were not advertised on the final product, that will probably be futile.

Last edited:
Back