New Viofo A139 !

Better support for 60FPS in low light conditions.

enjoy,
Mtz

I know it might be a bit early to ask this...
Are there any information when it might be on the market? ( This year or next year)
Will it be worth waiting for instead of the A129 Duo Pro?

No, not yet.

This is still in the pre-production stage.

Paul.

I know it might be a bit early to ask this...
Are there any information when it might be on the market? ( This year or next year)
Will it be worth waiting for instead of the A129 Duo Pro?
Probably this year, as long as no significant hardware issues appear. There is still some work being done so I won't be too surprised if it takes until December. Nobody knows at the moment though, the hardware has to be finished properly before release.

Last edited:
I like the look of the new wedge design with all the cable sockets on the top edge. The offset lens could make this difficult to install discreetly in some cars, although I think it would work very well for me.

I like the look of the new wedge design with all the cable sockets on the top edge. The offset lens could make this difficult to install discreetly in some cars, although I think it would work very well for me.
Having the lens on the right works nicely in right hand drive cars :)
Easy to have the lens central to the car and lights and buttons where they are most easily accessible behind the mirror.

Having the lens on the right works nicely in right hand drive cars :)
Easy to have the lens central to the car and lights and buttons where they are most easily accessible behind the mirror.
Not if you have a large sensor unit behind the rear view mirror. I would install the camera to the right of the sensor housing, with the lens just poking out beyond the frit, similar to how I currently have the DR installed.
y4mK9JVlMD9Ng-3XZuBKWvJAtpXW5UmJj2O1BG_mwz3KZEyArnFSn6-IOzi6zMb0XumxQ2pIJ84GdVhpHsasmXg7Yhaat...jpeg

Not if you have a large sensor unit behind the rear view mirror. I would install the camera to the right of the sensor housing, with the lens just poking out beyond the frit, similar to how I currently have the DR installed.
View attachment 53610
Not having to be able to see a screen and not being as tall as the A119/A129 gives a lot more options for mounting.
Can't have the image central to the car if you put it behind the frit, but it will work fine and look neat.

I found with the with of the A139 i have had to move it a long way to the left in my car, even off the frit area. if i dont it take the space of 2 cameras, and i dont want to move it again when i get the next cameras.
And i have a feeling the A139 will be in my car for some time to come.
But TBH i dont mind as i dont feel the A139 are that visible, or maybe after having so many cameras on my windscreen for so long, the stealth ( actual ) aspect are not that big a deal for me any more.
But regarding the cameras it is still a big thing in my book, and if i placed the A139 so the lens was right smack in the sweet spot and with most of the camera up on the frit, it would still be a stealthy install.

So in regard to stealth i still call the A139 as good, but a little case sensitive depending on the car & windscreen topography, but that is more or less the same with any dashcam.
I do think if the pill shaped remote cameras was meant for installing upright you could get a bit more creative in mounting them, this would ( with the right mount ) also make it possible for the cabin camera to be turned L or R to face the side window.
At least that is one of my brain farts about the A139 so far
I am sort of wishing too that the 2 remote camera wires both had a 90 deg plug in one end.

But in general i feel it have a good chance to do well for viofo.
I do hope they can enlist some modders to dial in the IQ as i am sure it can be a made better.
I am still a fan of being able to see the LCD screen when installed, but that is just for testing, if i feel good about the system i dont matter if i can not see it, So the A139 not having a screen was only a problem for me the first 2 days or so.
Not tested how the A139 sound off if there is a issue of some sort, i will have to power it up without a memory card in it one of these days, but i feel confident even with very little redundancy on my windscreen at the moment.

My only dashcam woes ATM are my side cameras, the K2S system do not want to play ball with me anymore, so my plan are to move the DR system there and put other lenses on the cameras if i can source some wider FOV ones that still mount well in the little camera housings.

I am sort of wishing too that the 2 remote camera wires both had a 90 deg plug in one end.
They do, unless I'm misunderstanding your english?

and put other lenses on the cameras if i can source some wider FOV ones that still mount well in the little camera housings.
Do you mean different lenses on the A139 remote cameras or on the DR?
Might be difficult for the A139, they are smaller than normal size lenses.

My wires only the short one for the cabin camera have a 90 deg plug in one end, which i have plugged into the camera unit, at the main unit both plugs are strait, and also so on the rear camera.

Put different lenses on the DR cameras after i have moved them, side cameras need all the FOV they can get i feel, though of course not foing all fisheye.

Mine is right angle at the rear too, although if it is mounted at the top of a hatchback that you want to open, it makes some sense for the connector to be able to rotate in its socket so that the cable doesn't need to flex as you open the hatch.

Save for remote cam modules, no single form factor works well for everyone. LH or RH drive, factory sensor modules, mirror placement, frits, windshield tint strips, sun visor placement and more will always keep this the same. And even remote cam modules may have cabling in the wrong place for your car, plus those have the issue of where to put the head unit. So there is no "best" or single solution, but some form factors are more versatile than others, and this is even before considering 'stealth' from the outside view. One thing which I think would help everyone is to have cables using the same port format on both ends with a 90 degree connector on one end and a straight connector on the other end :) Then at least one end could be optimized without the need for any adapters which themselves can also cause problems with ftiment.

I don't see LCD screen placement as much of an issue for most users, whose cams will be used more like 'set and forget' devices than ones needing constant attention. But there are enough users wanting to turn parking modes on and off to make seeing what you are doing with that a consideration. This can be handled by button placement and LED indicator flash patterns or colors which I think is the best approach ;) But there's little point in a screen if you can't see it and in some cars the mirror can't be moved enough to have a really good view of a screen anyway. I think button placement is far more important than anything relating to screens.

If there's one drawback to the A139 form factor it is one shared by almost every other cam, and that is not having the ability to aim the lens horizontally so that you can still get a straight-ahead view even with the cam mounted to one side of a very curved windshield. There's no easy fix for this, and given the wide FOV of most cams it's really not a big problem. If that's a deal-breaker for someone there are cams which better adapt to that kind of use although you might lose performance or features in using those instead. Since almost everyone goes for central mounting it's hardly something to worry about.

There is no one perfect cam for everyone, but from the looks of things at this point, the A139 form factor should do well for the majority of cam users.

Phil

I don't see LCD screen placement as much of an issue for most users, whose cams will be used more like 'set and forget' devices than ones needing constant attention.
A139 is one of my favorites for display position, at least for right hand drive cars.

The LEDs are very easy to read from a distance with a quick glance, and for RHD they are located under the side of the mirror that has more space, easier to see.

If I want the LCD, well that is on the phone which goes on the phone mount on the dash where it is easy to see at any time since it is positioned for use as a satnav.

The only issue I have had with the A139 design is that being wider but not as tall as an A129, and since dashcams have to be positioned side by side rather than stacked top to bottom, I can currently only hide 3 cameras behind my mirror. That will not be a problem for most people, although Kamkar mentioned it above.

From outside, the amount visible depends on mounting position. It is possible to just have the lens exposed beyond the frit, in which case it looks far smaller than an A129 from outside, or if you have it mounted below the frit then it is quite a lot wider, but it is not very noticeable since it is hard to tell that it is not part of the sensor module, most of it does not have any features and the lens does not stand out from the rest.

Hehe yeah every mm windscreen space are precious for a dashcam tester, but for the ordinary user with just 1 camera, it can pretty much be any relevant size or shape.
I also like the LED's on the A139, easy to see even in daylight, and in spite of them almost being directly in front of me, they dont mother me one bit at night.

The cameras on my windscreen are at the moment mounted using a clear tesa dual sided tape, i find i run out of the factory sticky pads pretty fast so i try to save those for absolute installs.

Does it support memory cards above 512gb?What is the total size of the three-minute file recorded on 3 channels?Thanks.

On high bitrate and max resolution, the front video file is 604Kb and the other two video files are 368Kb.

Not tested a card that size, I don't have one.

Paul.

Dont have a 512 GB card to test with only 256GB, but so far i use the supplies 128 GB viofo card.

Back