Newbie need help buying 5 dash cams

With Mobius or with another cam? If another, were the caps and current draw comparable to Mobius?

I'd be more than a little shocked if they wouldn't do a firmware upgrade to improve this- should be just altering one line of code ;)

Phil

Another camera, same sized caps, higher current draw, the hardware they have is capable, it's one of two things, either they just haven't thought things through and worked out what's needed, or they haven't actually tried, given the way that information gets filtered back to the devs by a select few it's quite possible that they just haven't tried as they're not aware of the issue

Well a word to Tom or Isoprop might work. I don't recall ever seeing that discussed in their presence.

Would it be as simple as rewriting the line of code setting the shutdown time or is it more complex than that?

Phil

... if the engine start-stop system of my car kicks in at junctions, at the first junction the Mobius would switch off again when the engine started (and it would switch on again at the second junction and off again at the third junction).

That is shoddy engineering. Accessory sockets should not lose power when the stop-start system is active. Both of my cars with stop-start worked fine with my Mobius cams.

... say 10s to allow glow plug heating before cranking the engine ...

My 2007 diesel always started immediately, indistinguishable from a petrol-engined car, there should be no waiting time.

Back