Newbie q: What's the diff between 201, 202 and 205?

SoCalDashCammer

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all-

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I've seen all the reviews of the DAB201 and the image quality seems pretty awesome - better than all the other mainstream cams I've looked at. I haven't seen nearly as many reviews of the 202 or 205 and the Dome website has a bunch of inconsistencies with their specs (they differ even within the same page!) so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the main differences are between these cameras besides the larger LCD. Is the image quality the same? Same sensor/lenses and processors?

Thanks in advance! Also, if anyone has a rec for a good spot in LA or Boston to buy these things let me know!

Hey all-

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. I've seen all the reviews of the DAB201 and the image quality seems pretty awesome - better than all the other mainstream cams I've looked at. I haven't seen nearly as many reviews of the 202 or 205 and the Dome website has a bunch of inconsistencies with their specs (they differ even within the same page!) so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the main differences are between these cameras besides the larger LCD. Is the image quality the same? Same sensor/lenses and processors?

Thanks in advance! Also, if anyone has a rec for a good spot in LA or Boston to buy these things let me know!
The hardware is the same in all three cameras. Aside from the LCD screen (like you said), the casing is the only difference. We sell the 202 and 205. It appears Dome has decided to stop making the DAB202, so the few I have left in stock is it. It's a shame, because I liked the 202 to most (the look - all black). We are located in NH.

The hardware is the same in all three cameras. Aside from the LCD screen (like you said), the casing is the only difference. We sell the 202 and 205. It appears Dome has decided to stop making the DAB202, so the few I have left in stock is it. It's a shame, because I liked the 202 to most (the look - all black). We are located in NH.

If the hardware is the same, then why does the D201 description claim a 5mp sensor, while the dab205 description claims a 4mp sensor? Both claim the sensor is an OV4689. Can this sensor come in two resolutions?

Back