Newbie query Do I need syscfg.txt to make config changes with mSetup?

tom1010

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

My new camera has not arrived yet, and in the meantime I'm looking at YouTube videos to find out how to make configuration changes with mSetup, and am confused! So when using mSetup, will I need to put syscfg.txt on the card, save configuration changes and copy syscfg.txt back to the camera? Or does mSetup talk direct to the camera so that syscfg.txt is not required?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gabacho, thank you for your quick reply and link! Yep I'm a Windows user, so mSetup makes it very easy. Can't wait for the cam to arrive.

Thanks again.

Hi Gabacho, thank you for your quick reply and link! Yep I'm a Windows user, so mSetup makes it very easy. Can't wait for the cam to arrive.

Thanks again.
It is really a great camera. You will find it to be a really versatile easy to use camera as well. Check out the Mobius mounting thread for some really great mounting ideas as well. Enjoy!

I just had to do this same thing a few weeks ago. I installed the SD card and formatted through msetup and then unplugged the Mobius from the computer. Then you press and hold the mode button, continue to hold it and press and hold the power button - hold both buttons for about 5 to 10 seconds and you'll see the red LED light blink 3 times. This creates the system file.

I just had to do this same thing a few weeks ago. I installed the SD card and formatted through msetup and then unplugged the Mobius from the computer. Then you press and hold the mode button, continue to hold it and press and hold the power button - hold both buttons for about 5 to 10 seconds and you'll see the red LED light blink 3 times. This creates the system file.

Thanks for that MiiHere, you must be a Mac user! I'm not exactly a Microsoft fanboy but in this case it seems to be easier under Windows. Thanks again, and I hope you're enjoying the cam.

Back