Newbie Question

Not the first time some cretin has bought something and kept it and stuck some crap in the box and returned it for a refund because thats what hppened in this case and the worker wouldnt have known the difference if it had bothered to look

This is what happens when accountants run companies. They try to save money by reducing the skill-set needed for every job to the lowest possible level so that they can pay that person the lowest possible wages :rolleyes: Their ideal is to reduce things to the level where a trained monkey could be used equally well so I've begun calling this the "Trained Monkey Syndrome" :p You can never get better by trying to go lower but you can easily get worse by doing that :cry: Companies need to be run only by people who know what needs to be done and how to do it. Accountants do not belong in the Board Room ;)

Here we see people who cannot even compare something in their hand to the picture of it on the box in their other hand o_O The accountants are happy with this level of service but we should not be :mad:

Phil

Accountants do not belong in the Board Room ;)

I've lost count of the number of CFO's that are frustrated CEO's thinking they run the company, you can't run a company from a spreadsheet, it leads to very bad decisions, something most of them don't get

Last edited:
Well I thought I'd provide a follow-up and bring this saga full circle. As you may have seen BlackboxMyCar reached out to me through my posts on this forum. I contacted them and received a very nice email back from Murphy with their intention to provide me with an additional 6 months of warranty protection on my unit. This from a company who had no fault in the fraudulent camera I received from Amazon. They stepped up and without hesitation or reservation provided me with great customer service...the two folks specifically that I dealt with are Stuart and Murphy. I'm sure that the rest of the Blackbox team is of the same caliber...so here's to you BlackboxMyCar Team continued success in 2018. On a side note I'd be remiss if I didn't thank those of you who posted advice on how to go about getting this resolved...it is appreciated. Thanks guys NYC-Style out...drop mic...exit stage left!!

I was quoted $60 for the front hardwire install and $60 for rear hardwire when I add that later down the line.
This was from a reputable audio shop in the LA area for install in an Audi A3.

I decided to do the front myself. When I add a rear camera I'll probably have them do it and pay the $60 as the rear is going to be a pain.

$300 is a bit excessive if you ask me.

$120 to install 2ch ? wow thats good. Which shop is it in LA? I paid someone $250 to install it mine.

I just got a new car deciding on getting a new camera and need to get it installed.

Fifty Nine Customs on Broadway.. Friendly, good reviews and after looking at my car said they'd do it at those prices and said it would take about an hour. I did the front myself and it took me 30 minutes so I assume they could have done the front only even faster than that.

Not in the best area but I was told they do great work at reasonable prices so I went there to check it out. Appeared to be a decent shop and I do plan on going back to have them do the rear as soon as I get it.

Back