Newbie w/0806 (homemade) hardwire installation

for all the cameras which need USB 5V supply, just notice which socket it is, mini USB or micro USB, which will pair with different cables.
cool. Does your company sell single it ? (not include cam). I need them to replace for my customers who buy 0806 before.

yes of course :)

Update!
Got another SD card. This time it's a real SanDisk Ultra Plus C10 128GB SD. (Tested good with FAKEFLASHTEST).
21742-7a5b22f03c64fd0ed58072c333e77cc4.jpg

I know these aren't the best cards to use, but since the counterfeit version worked OK and the new one was cheap, so I thought I'd give it a go.
Formatted it using Quick fat32format on a Win7 PC.

It worked flawlessly for the first 20 hours or so including a 15 hour roadtrip and the files were rolling over properly running at 2560x1080 30fps -superfine. GPS logs were accurate.

However, when it got to about file number AMBA0505 (had overwritten the first 80 or so), it threw an error something like 'Card size exceeded for video recording'.
The card was full, but it had been full since about file AMBA0420.
I deleted 2-3 files off it and it worked for another 10 files, then errored again.
So, I deleted another 2-3 files off it and it worked for another 10 files, then errored again.

I figured the card was due for a 'freshening', but I didn't have a PC with me so I used AParted on my Android phone to reformat it.

The cam didn't like this.

It would work for about 10 minutes then do the 3 chimes (more like barks!) and freeze with all 3 lights on & screen dark. After a minute or two the cam would shutdown normally by itself.
This was very consistent. It would record 3 & 1/2 (3 minute) files on car start and then crash.
It did this about 10 times in a row. I didn't touch the cam. I just let it fail as I was on a long trip & didn't have time to mess with it.

Oddly, on the last leg of my trip it started and worked fine for an hour with no errors.

I reformatted the SD card using fat32format - using Full (non Quick) format (took > 2 hrs)

Cam worked fine for about 1.5 hours & 5 cycles then threw the 'Card size exceeded for video recording' error and would not start recording.

I reformatted the card again. This time using Quick Format.

Still getting the 'Card size exceeded for video recording' on about every other car start.

I did figure out that once it errors, if I just manually power down, power up, and manually hit start recording, it works.

Why does the cam think the 'Card size exceeded for video recording' ?

try exfat format. use quick format

I thought exFat was to be avoided and I was going by the manual

(If you are using microSD cards bigger than 32GB, please format the cards on a computer to be FAT32 format. )

I'll give it a try & report

I thought exFat was to be avoided and I was going by the manual

(If you are using microSD cards bigger than 32GB, please format the cards on a computer to be FAT32 format. )

I'll give it a try & report
- Remember Avoid format on cam. It will detroy your card.
- After you insert your 64 or 128 gb card to cam. It may display some warning message: card need to be formated...bla,bla... just ignore this and choose no. Then use as nomal.
- Again: never format 64 or 128 card on cam.

My process for my SanDisk Ultra Plus C10 128GB SD is to format it on a PC using the GUI version of fat32format (guiformat) with the default for 'Allocation unit size'.
I usually do the Quick Format, but also have tried the Full Format - no difference.

Re-formats do not cure the "Card limit exceeded for video recording" messages on car start.
But, again: If I just power down/up/start record - it works fine. It also works fine outside of the car when manually recording. It only errors on car start.

However, I have discovered that once the card has more than about 10-12GB of files on it, it no longer throws the error on car start and works normally.
I suspect this a sign of a slight inconsistency on the card.
When I tried using Apart on my Android ph to format it, it would '3 chime' & die every 3.5 files. Once it hit about 10-12GB full, it worked normally.
With fat32format, it's not enough of a problem to '3 chime' & die, but enough to throw the 'Card limit...' error until it gets past the problem area.
( or, the cam doesn't like seeing more than about 105GB free space on the card, but I doubt this as everything worked fine until I'd filled the card about 1.5 times.)

For now I'll just live with it until I get a better card. (which will hopefully cure the occasional stutter/jerkiness in the vids)

@Indy_68_S,
we haven't get such a report.
have forward your report to our engineer to test.

the cheap hardwire kit on market output a bad unstable voltage, there was a video posted by our DCT member, the voltage meter show the output voltage changes between 2V to 8V. That is a killer for cameras. camera only handle 4.5V to 6V input.

we cost a lot to design the new charger for 0806, don't waste it. (5V 2.6A, microUSB + USB, copper cord, CE EMI & RoHs)

View attachment 21694
View attachment 21695
View attachment 21696
View attachment 21698
Where can I find these to buy? I am in the United States. The ones I found were not your version. I looked before asking, but I could not find one of yours - I am also a newbie.

I would like to get two chargers, two mounts with GPS, and two AV cables.

I bought 2 Mini 0806 from GearBest.com, but did not see the charger or mounts there, and did not see them for sale from mini0806.com.

Where can I find these to buy? I am in the United States. The ones I found were not your version. I looked before asking, but I could not find one of yours - I am also a newbie.

I would like to get two chargers, two mounts with GPS, and two AV cables.

I bought 2 Mini 0806 from GearBest.com, but did not see the charger or mounts there, and did not see them for sale from mini0806.com.

we sell gps mounts :)

Where can I find these? Your website does not seem to offer sales to users. Also, it only lists one charger under Accessories (http://www.megcn.com/en/?p=21) which is not for this camera, and I did not see the 0806 listed while 0801 and 0803 are under Ultimate (http://www.megcn.com/en/?p=7). Others I see (including www.grdian.com) are not your design.

That is the manufacturer's website. They do not sell to the end-user. Resellers such as us carry their products.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Mini 0806 1
L Mini 0806 6
C Mini 0806 8
T Mini 0806 5
T Mini 0806 6
Back