Newbies Z23L - Should I update to 1.2.0?

JJUS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Received my Yi today. Z23L. It prompted new firmware when connected to the phone. When checked online, it says version 1.2.0 can be downloaded. I guess I should update.

I am interested to customize the firmware for higher 2K resolution/bit rate, maybe 25-30 Mbps? I have a trip coming up in 2 weeks. Concerned may not have the time to get a working stable 1.2.0 custom FW. Should I update to 1.2.0 then try to mod or straight to 1.1.0 based custom FW?

Thank you

I decide to play around with the stock FW 1.0.12 a little bit. Loaded up funnel's resolution hack script with modified 30 Mbps data rate. All looks good. Thank you, funnel and others who have contributed. Will do road test tomorrow. Judging by the indoor testing results, the hacked resolution 2304x1296 30fps 30 Mbps should meet my needs. :bigthumb::)

By the way, what is 'YDXJ0001_thm.mp4' for? It seems a low resolution version. Is there a way not to produce it?

Last edited:
So far no one has found a way to prevent the thm (thumbnail) videos from being created. In the early days of the camera's release, I read comments saying that the purpose for the these files was primarily for the benefit of Chinese users who enjoyed the practice of uploading their videos to social media sites and viewing them on mobile devices & that Xiaomi intended to enable that functionality in the camera, though nothing has come of it yet, to my knowledge.
So, you're stuck with 'em for now.

By the way, what is 'YDXJ0001_thm.mp4' for? It seems a low resolution version. Is there a way not to produce it?

Did a quick search through the firmware and I wasn't able to find anything to disable the generation of thm.mp4 files.

Still you can just delete them from an autoexec script when the camera starts if you really want.

Code:
rm \DCIM\100MEDIA\*thm.mp4

Auto delete at startup will help for sure. Tested and worked. :)

Back