Next Base in car cam 402G GPS Cam - not working

AlexHTID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Got my NextBase 402G camera for my birthday and have enjoyed using it, but I'm coming across some problems with it.
1 Week it recorded fine no issues, nothing of any use so I wiped as I only have a 8GB card at the minute. But two days in a row now, i've put it onto record, got home and set the sd card up into the usb, and then into the laptop. Yet when I watch what I've recorded, I just get a black screen. You can hear all the sounds, music, indicators etc, but there's no picture whatsoever, just a black screen.
Just wondering if anyone can help me, maybe I've got a wrong setting or something.
Apologies if this is in a wrong section, please feel free to move it.
Any help is appreciated, cheers!

Welcome to forum !
What video player do you use to playback files on your PC ?

If I knew how to playback I could tell you, haha, sorry still getting used to it! Thank you!, I use the basic windows media player I believe.

If I knew how to playback I could tell you, haha, sorry still getting used to it! Thank you!, I use the basic windows media player I believe.

There could be a memory card issue, or video codec issue.

Try formatting a memory card inside dashcamera and then record short few min clip, after check on your PC again.

Also you may download this special dashcam viewer software and try to watch videos from memory card by using it.

http://registratorviewer.narod.ru/download_en.html

Hello guys, I'm having issues with mine. Last section of recording not on memory card. both time had minor incidents (no damage luckily)

Checked the memory card 64gb and footage not recorded. Same problem on 32gb card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hello guys, I'm having issues with mine. Last section of recording not on memory card. both time had minor incidents (no damage luckily)

Checked the memory card 64gb and footage not recorded. Same problem on 32gb card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

NB402G failure to save the last file seems to be an increasingly apparent problem, related to poor quality/poor design of the battery and/or its charging circuit.
Last year mine failed after having it only a few months; I had a feeling it might be a recurring problem so I returned mine and was fortunate enough that the shop allowed me to have a refund and bought a different cam.

See this topic:
> link <

Back