Nextbase 300W

Hi,
Our Development Team have been investigating the issue and have created a firmware update to resolve the time and date problem that you’ve encountered.

Please click on the following link to download the firmware update to your computer:
https://we.tl/t-8TvrQvaRHo

Here’s how to manually update your 300W:
1. Insert a blank, formatted SD card into your computer. Alternatively, you can plug the 300W into your computer. To connect the Dash Cam in Update mode, press and hold the Protect button during connection of the USB cable. Release the button once the Wi-Fi button flashes blue.
2. Move the 'FW300WA.bin’ firmware file onto the SD card.
3. Safely remove the SD card from your computer and insert it into your 300W, or alternatively turn off the dashcam before disconnecting it from your computer. Power your 300W using the in-car charger. The red LED will then flicker whilst updating. This will cease once the update is successful.
The firmware will have updated and you can confirm this on your mobile app (it will display the new firmware version as R05.4)

If you would prefer to have the firmware update posted to you on a one-time use firmware update SD card, please let us know and provide your full name and postal address.
If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

You need to apply a firmware fix. I had the same issue and Nextbase emailed me the file and once applied it fix the date/time issue completely.
They sent me a link to an expired we file

Hi,
Our Development Team have been investigating the issue and have created a firmware update to resolve the time and date problem that you’ve encountered.

Please click on the following link to download the firmware update to your computer:
https://we.tl/t-8TvrQvaRHo

Here’s how to manually update your 300W:
1. Insert a blank, formatted SD card into your computer. Alternatively, you can plug the 300W into your computer. To connect the Dash Cam in Update mode, press and hold the Protect button during connection of the USB cable. Release the button once the Wi-Fi button flashes blue.
2. Move the 'FW300WA.bin’ firmware file onto the SD card.
3. Safely remove the SD card from your computer and insert it into your 300W, or alternatively turn off the dashcam before disconnecting it from your computer. Power your 300W using the in-car charger. The red LED will then flicker whilst updating. This will cease once the update is successful.
The firmware will have updated and you can confirm this on your mobile app (it will display the new firmware version as R05.4)

If you would prefer to have the firmware update posted to you on a one-time use firmware update SD card, please let us know and provide your full name and postal address.
If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Millie
Millie that link has expired how do I access the firmware please

Hello,

The WeTransfer links expire after one week. We can email you the firmware file directly- just dm your email to me and I'll send it to you.
It should soon be available on the 300W Support Page (R05.4).

Kind regards,
Millie

Back