Nextbase 312GW not charging

Amandrose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fairly confident this question exists elsewhere but I cannot charge the above unit. It was my late husbands. It has been sitting in a box for 5 years but hardly used before that. Now I am trying to either use it or sell it but it is not charging. I have used the in-car cig lighter, USB on laptop and USB on plug socket. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Is it possible to get batteries replaced and if so how and where? Many thanks

The 312 is a very old unit now and if it's been fully discharged for 5 years then the internal re hargeable battery will have had it

I can't recommend the latest series 2 Nextbase dashcams as they are also battery

Well, I have 312GW which is still working well, except that a plastic spring in the connector for the gps mount broke, so now I hold it in place with a clip. The Nextbase shop used to have spare batteries and there is a youtube
video at
showing the procedure although for a different model.
I can't find the "Nextbase shop" for the moment, although it is not branded as Nextbase as I recall, but shares the same geographical address.

I suspect that you don't need the battery to work except in parking mode. So it may work perfectly well as a dashcam while the ignition is switched on, depending on how it is wired.

Thank you, I will have a look at the shop. I was wanting to sell it and can't really do that if it won't work properly.

Back