Nextbase 322GW freezing/will not turn on

daval1980

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has to be the single worst piece of technology I’ve ever bought!

On to my second now after returning the first only to find the same issues with this one. Charged it up for two hours as recommended and left the settings as there defaults but finding it will turn itself off and I can’t turn it on again! I’m forced to reset it to get it back on. I’ve then had it in my car and it’ll work fine until I get out when it will again turn off and won’t come back on again when I start the car. It isn’t the screen saver because if I touch the screen nothing happens. Again, the only thing that works is resetting it.

The last one I had needed to be reset about 15 times in two days before I lost the will to live and exchanged it for another of the same model.

It isn’t the sd card because I bought the one recommended by Nextbase and I’ve formatted it on the dashcam and on my laptop.

Any help please because at this point I’m going to get my money back and look at another company!

Other than a faulty unit there are 2 main reasons for dashcam inconsistent behaviour. Power source and SDCard.

As you're sure the card is OK then what power source are you using ?

Chief culprits include - Power socket USB adapter and Stop/Start vehicle wrong fuse tap.

What would be useful is a test on the card using Speedout 0.5 / USB3 just to confirm the actual write speed.

I’ve already stated it’s not the sd card as I bought the one suggested by Halfords, and it isn’t the power source as it does it after its initial charge at home using the usb charging cable provided

After fully charging it the unit is showing full battery but will then freeze, only showing the right light at the bottom left hand corner. To get it working again it needs resetting. If this is required frequently surely eventually it will destroy the unit.

Buying the one suggested by Halfords means nothing.

Here is the Speedout results from a couple of cards I have and the Samsung is a clear winner.

This was supposed to be a good card, but isn't, note the write speed as that's the important one:

nQitqoY.jpg

This is a Samsung Evo Plus U3 which is clearly fast at writing:

vK4NG66.jpg

Unless you test you won't know.

Buying the one suggested by Halfords means nothing.
the one suggested by Nextbase not Halfords, would guess then that it's a Nextbase card since it's all they recommend, not that it makes much difference as there's nothing special about the cards, just that it's a known quantity from their perspective

Both cards are the U3 cards but the second we bought was the one recommended on the Halfords website for this brand of dash cam but both units still have the same issue and freeze often.

I’m sceptical it is the cards as both are the correct size and type for this dash cam and both are top brands (one being scan disk but not sure off the top of my head which one). If both units are presenting with the same issue regardless of which card we use or when it happens I’m led to believe it’s a faulty batch of units but either way I’ll be getting a refund today and swerving the Nextbase brand in the future

Power supply problems on 322GW: In my case it is definitely the link between the mounting kit on the window and the camera. The camera periodically switches off and on using both the car cigarette power supply and a USB cable from the same source connected to the mounting kit, but there are no power interuptions from the camera when connected directly from the camera USB port via either power supply. The connection between the mounting kit and the camera seems very secure but there is clearly something wrong with the power link.

Back