Nextbase 522 fails again

The manufacturers will have stuck the pad to the plastic mount correctly and it will have had 72hrs+ to cure.

So the picture showing the pad also peeling from the mount indicates to me extreme heat with the dashcam attached.

Right, following your train of thought, but mine is rarely removed from the screen and we too have had warm if not hot weather. Fitted 2018.

Hello all responders, there are many responses to my post and photograph refering to heat being the cause of the problem and, as the the adhesive to both the windscreen and the base mount have failed in the manner they have, clearly heat is the problem, or, at least part of the problem.
My circumstances are; car in photograph is a convertible; garaged when not in use; when it is dry the roof is down even when parked; when it is wet or cold the roof is up. The car is not left to bake in the sun roofup, windows closed. The first failure occurred in March after fitting the unit in accordance with supplied instructions in the previous late November i.e. during Winter months. The second failure occurred this month July. The common factor seems to be four months.
Nextbase market their products in many countries. I was aware of them when living in Southern California. Most cars in Southern California are hard tops because of the Sun and heat. All cars are air conditioned to battle the often 35-40deg C heat, but the air conditioners are not operating when the car is parked. On return to your car it is often necessary to open all the doors for a short time to let the heat out, blasting it out with the a/c running.
My point again is that if Nextbase are not supplying mounts designed to be suitable for continuous use in all countries where it has entered the market then the product is not suitable for its intended purpose.
If the ”glue” bonding my interior rear view mirror failed every four months, regardless of conditions, the car manufacturer would never get away with the excuse “Sorry for the problem you are experiencing, but it is the heat causing the problem.“ or in other words “Not our problem, we have just taken you money, sold you a pup, and the failure is your problem to sort out.”
The car manufacturer would fix-it very quickly, probably with a redesign, to avoid adverse publicity and criticism from the motoring press

Back