Nextbase 622GW – Problem will not connect to PC windows version 11

Chris622GW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

Last week I purchased a Nextbase 622GW camera which was approximately two months old, but the camera will not connect to windows 11.?

In order to resolve this problem, I have:

• Upgraded the cameras Firmware to R11.1
  • Upgraded the drivers on my laptop
  • Reformatted my Nextbase SD card
  • Tested Nextbase SD card in PC
I also add, the USB connection is good from camera to laptop and the camera setup has been configured, but the PC/cameras driver:)D) cannot be viewed.? – The PC access menu does not appear on camera when the connection is made.?

Also attempted viewing the camera files via my iPhone, but no luck as my phone is paired via BlueTooth with my car

I would be most grateful for any suggestions

Many thanks,

Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris.

You want to DL footage from the camera ?
At least thats the only reason i would connect a camera to a computer, but i would never do that again as using the camera like a care reader give you like 10 X slower transfer speeds, so instead of seconds to move a file in a good card reader you are more like a minute in a bad / slow card reader / camera.

I am not familiar with this brand of cameras, so it might be something have sneaked in with the advent of windows 11

Regarding DL of footage to phone, i thought it was with wifi like all other cameras i know of. Mind you some of them also have BT but in most cases it is for use with a remote event button.
Not in any way familiar with either BT or wifi as i dislike all wireless technologies, but i would assume transfer speeds on BT would be even slower.

Other cameras i know you turn of wifi, connect to it with phone open the APP and DL files from within that.

Hi,
Aiming to DL camera files, I have also got 512GW, never had a problem to access files

Run through the PC power settings.

This will give some pointers :

Problem Resolved.!

I had my camera connected to the USB(3.0) via a hub, when I connected camera directly to this port it resolved the problem

I also add, all my other connections to this USB port via the hub have no problems including my Nextbase 512GW camera, a 622GW camera will not connect to a USB(2.0)

I thank you for your support

Please close this case

Back