Nexus 5 internal mold design details

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Vantrue design team decided to announce the important design details of Vantrue Nexus 5 in advance.
Vantrue hopes that customers, technology enthusiasts, and competitors can make some suggestions and discuss how to make better products for the automotive safety industry.
Vantrue N5 (5).jpgVantrue N5 (6).jpgVantrue N5 (7).jpgVantrue N5 (8).jpgVantrue N5 (9).jpgVantrue N5 (10).jpgVantrue N5 (11).jpgVantrue N5 (12).jpg

Attachments

• Vantrue N5 (3).jpg
    Vantrue N5 (3).jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Vantrue N5 (6).jpg
    Vantrue N5 (6).jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 6
Very neat and tidy, and I love how the Vantrue logo is printed on the PCB as well! :)

The Vantrue design team decided to announce the important design details of Vantrue Nexus 5 in advance.
Vantrue hopes that customers, technology enthusiasts, and competitors can make some suggestions and discuss how to make better products for the automotive safety industry.
View attachment 64868View attachment 64869View attachment 64871View attachment 64872View attachment 64873View attachment 64874View attachment 64875View attachment 64876

Nice to see the insides of the Nexus 5 saves me pulling apart the one you supplied me.

A couple of take aways for me are,

7.5Farad @ 5.5 Volts Capacitors
That is a huge capacity and answer a question I had about how the Nexus 5 remains powered for so long after the power is removed.

The main board of the N5 is the N4 so does that mean the N4 can run 4 cameras?

Nice to see the insides of the Nexus 5 saves me pulling apart the one you supplied me.

A couple of take aways for me are,

7.5Farad @ 5.5 Volts Capacitors
That is a huge capacity and answer a question I had about how the Nexus 5 remains powered for so long after the power is removed.

The main board of the N5 is the N4 so does that mean the N4 can run 4 cameras?
You would think so with the N4 Pro as same guts, but obviously since N4 Pro is running 4k with IMX678 it's all constrained by the processor demands. Hence that's a 3 channel and the N5 is four channel.

Saves them production costs by using the same mainboard for both models I'm presuming

Any chance we can improve the heat dissipation, such as using thermal paste, copper heatsink, etc??

Any chance we can improve the heat dissipation, such as using thermal paste, copper heatsink, etc??
Kinda is but I guess they can do more. Will see what the future holds

Copper vs aluminum in this case, pun intended, will have minimal impact and they are already using a silicone grease based TIM. If the case is anything like the N4 Pro's, only active airflow will improve things. Unless you get a billet aluminum case made to act as the heat spreader.

Could they add "battery backup" of settings - so you don't have to re-configure the DashCam EVERY time after a Software Update???

Could they add "battery backup" of settings - so you don't have to re-configure the DashCam EVERY time after a Software Update???
Not sure they can because of the capacitor but I would imagine there's some kind of intermediary solution for this

Back