Night. B40 / A118 vs Street Guardian SG9665GC ( Aptina AR0330 vs Sony Exmor IMX322 )

After a liitle over a year, my Mobius collapsed to the South Florida heat and the focus is all messed up even after manually adjusting it, and the picture quality is all grainy. What is the warranty like for the Street Guardian? is "Pier28" on amazon the manufacturer?

After a liitle over a year, my Mobius collapsed to the South Florida heat and the focus is all messed up even after manually adjusting it, and the picture quality is all grainy. What is the warranty like for the Street Guardian? is "Pier28" on amazon the manufacturer?

You'll have a 1 year no hassle warranty. (any issues, we always make things right lightening fast) The SG9665GC's all metal lens base and metal lens housing won't have any heat shift focus issues the lower cost all plastic products often times suffer from. We've shipped plenty of GC to Florida, Texas, New York, etc no problems. (perfect image quality all summer long)

The Manufacturer is Street Guardian (Australian company) Pier28 is their North American distributer and tech support arm.

Last edited:
What is the warranty like for the Street Guardian? is "Pier28" on amazon the manufacturer?

I'm the manufacturer, warranty is replacement, we don't repair, if you had any issue within the warranty period @Pier28 would replace the product

wow the Street Guardian SG9665GC is a lot better picture to bad it does not come with a suction cup...

wow the Street Guardian SG9665GC is a lot better picture to bad it does not come with a suction cup...

can't be all things to all people

suction cup is good if you need to move car to car, they have their downsides too though

time for a upgrade then lol.... that suction cup video I do not think it will handle the bouncing around of a transport

time for a upgrade then lol.... that suction cup video I do not think it will handle the bouncing around of a transport

It's best to use the included 3M VHB adhesive. It comes off easy enough with the included pull through string.

There is also a large clear thin 3M "Static Sticker" square for temp mounts to test various locations as well. Since it comes with a spare mount, you can put one in the center of the Static Sticker and it clings to the window.

Main set includes two mounts. One you can use in one car, other one in other car, - this will give you option to move between two vehicles. If you have more than two cars, then additional mounts can be purchased.

I am a transport driver and I never have the same truck.... I wonder if you could just lay it on the dash or mount it to a piece of Plexiglas and just let it sit on the dash??

I am a transport driver and I never have the same truck.... I wonder if you could just lay it on the dash or mount it to a piece of Plexiglas and just let it sit on the dash??

you'd be better off with something that uses a suction cup mount so you can move to whatever you're driving at the time

If you mount on dash, vertical field of vie will not be the same and you end up losing a lot of action in front of your VAN, however if its high enough then it might work for you.
You can also a DIY an aftermarket suction mount for Street Guardin model. Just need small files, time and patience to fit mount bracket into SG.

Also you can buy 4pcs small ( 1 inch ) rounded suction "cups" ( like used on many radar detectors mounts ) and DIY attach them to SG mount bracket. There are many "aftermarket"-solutions for your needs. All depends of your DIY-skills.

You'll have a 1 year no hassle warranty. (any issues, we always make things right lightening fast) The SG9665GC's all metal lens base and metal lens housing won't have any heat shift focus issues the lower cost all plastic products often times suffer from. We've shipped plenty of GC to Florida, Texas, New York, etc no problems. (perfect image quality all summer long)

The Manufacturer is Street Guardian (Australian company) Pier28 is their North American distributer and tech support arm.

I'm the manufacturer, warranty is replacement, we don't repair, if you had any issue within the warranty period @Pier28 would replace the product

Thanks for replies! sending PM to pier28 right now.

I'm new to this site and have done a lot of browsing already but just can't seem to find who the australian distributor is. I'm based in South Australia.

David

I'm new to this site and have done a lot of browsing already but just can't seem to find who the australian distributor is. I'm based in South Australia.

David

Hi David, I'm near Adelaide and bought mine from Autobarn, Kilburn. Very helpful guys.

Niko can you provide some more information about the mirror cam ?

View attachment 11560
From Left side:
Street Guardian SG9665GC
Below that is Mirror DVR
Next is Street Guardian SGZC12RC / Panorama X1
Last one is B40 / A118

Please Note Firmware version below. Developers may release new firmware in future with different video performance.

Both units have default EV value "0", WDR / HDR On.

Raw / Original video files for both dashcams can be downloaded HERE

P.S.
Due to too many wires and other gadgets in my car, you can hear some vibrations, depending on car engine revs and how loud music play. It's not dashcams fault if you hear "cracking sound" !

First video is compilation from long 15min night test drive, to show scenes with very little or no street lights.

Top: Street Guardian SG9665GC. FW: SG20150210.002. SONY EXMOR IMX322 CMOS
Bottom: Tiesfong B40 / A118. FW: 20141204. Aptina AR0330 CMOS
Sound ( Microphone ) is from SG9665GC

Next video is full length of 15min Night test drive

Individual videos

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 21.07.2015
Latest side by side Night Comparison is HERE
In the vid of street Guardian, Did you use a HDR mode ?

Back