Night time issues with Nextbase 622GW dash cam

Chimera64

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
New to the forum. I recently got my first dashcam, a 622GW, and tried it out a few days ago. When I reviewed the footage on th PC I noticed that there is a LOT of flare from tail lights and headlights (all seemingly in the same direction). I cleaned my windshield the next day and made sure the polarising filter reduced all reflections (as per instructions). I also checked the filter for any scratches but found none. Tried it again yesterday (both during the day and night) but am getting the same issue. 1st day I used 4K resolution, second day I used 1440 and had the image stabilisation one but still get the same flare (also get it during the day when headlights are on). Has anyone had similar issues? I compared footage from a Nextbase 322GW review I found online against what I am getting in a similar situation.... I mean this is supposed to be their flagship model? I may have to return it as I suspect the actual camera lens may be damaged but wanted to check first on the forum for any possible thing I may be doing wrong.

Attachments

• dashcamfootage.jpg
    dashcamfootage.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2022-11-12.png
    2022-11-12.png
    501.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 2022-11-11.png
    2022-11-11.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 23
Hi there,
New to the forum. I recently got my first dashcam, a 622GW, and tried it out a few days ago. When I reviewed the footage on th PC I noticed that there is a LOT of flare from tail lights and headlights (all seemingly in the same direction). I cleaned my windshield the next day and made sure the polarising filter reduced all reflections (as per instructions). I also checked the filter for any scratches but found none. Tried it again yesterday (both during the day and night) but am getting the same issue. 1st day I used 4K resolution, second day I used 1440 and had the image stabilisation one but still get the same flare (also get it during the day when headlights are on). Has anyone had similar issues? I compared footage from a Nextbase 322GW review I found online against what I am getting in a similar situation.... I mean this is supposed to be their flagship model? I may have to return it as I suspect the actual camera lens may be damaged but wanted to check first on the forum for any possible thing I may be doing wrong.
I don't own this dash cam but the problem you're seeing is similar to a problem I had.

I know you said you cleaned your windscreen but it looks like a film is still there.
Clean the windscreen with isopropyl at least the part in front of the lens.
Also check there's not a clear plastic film over the lens. Usually placed on the lens to protect during packing.

Other than the smudge your images the images look good.

Not least this moist / damp time of the year, you really have to be very much on top of your glass you have cameras on.
My windscreen inside i clean at least 2 times a week, as it is a good way to spend time while i sit in my car for 7-8 minutes while the car wash get done with the outside of my car.
The rear hatch glass cleaning lag a little as i have to get out of the car to do that with the hatch open

The glass get very dirty,,,, actually when i was a smoker, and only "cleaned" my windows on the inside to remove dew on the inside in winter,,,,, i have no idea how i was able to see stuff back then, i can only assume 20 - 30 year younger eyes have something to do with it.

When cleaning be carefull not to get any solvents on the lens, i prefer to remove cameras when i clean, but i have also at times tied 2-3-4 cameras back to my mirror stalk with a rag, and so had them sort if protected while i vigorously used solvents / cleaners and rags / microfiber cloths on the glass.

I don't own this dash cam but the problem you're seeing is similar to a problem I had.

I know you said you cleaned your windscreen but it looks like a film is still there.
Clean the windscreen with isopropyl at least the part in front of the lens.
Also check there's not a clear plastic film over the lens. Usually placed on the lens to protect during packing.

Other than the smudge your images the images look good.
Thanks for that. I've removed the plastic from the lens; it was a blue film. I have cleaned the area around the camera both on the inside and outside.. I took the dashcam outside tonight and recorded oncoming traffic and taillights and the flares don't appear at all so possibly not the camera? However I've just noticed that there is a very small chip in the middle of the windshield (which would be to the right of the camera lens) so I'm not sure that it could be the reason for the flares.. especailly to the right side?

Removing the plastic from the lens will be it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 622GW 9
N 622GW 3
C 622GW 6
B 622GW 6
T 622GW 7
Back