Having issues with Nextbase 622GW

cesardosorio

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, i recently bought the 622GW, and from the reviews to the footage i had seen online, i loved it, it looks amazing. however, the footage i am getting is anything from what i saw. The camera has a polarizer, a front lens element that rotates, and it helps, but not like the show in the videos. My footage is very grainy and very fuzzy, and at night the bloom from the lights is very annoying on the camera. The camera has a few settings, from 4k30fps to 1080p30fps, i've tried them all, and the only semi good one is 4k30fps, but even that is still very blurry/pixelated/glare. There is a duel files, option, which i've turned off, it basically records two files for each camera(front,rear/etc) one high quality and one low quality, at first i thought this was adding to the problem, but it seems like even after turning it off, it doesn't do much, besides filling up the memory card. Their support page states, you could turn off image stabilization off, for better image quality, but that only helps slightly and the extreme weather option(which is supposed to "semi" delete fog) is turned off.

i have two SD cards, both same specifications, V30, U3 and A2, all of which match the requirements that the manufactures recommends to use, so i don't think its the speed of the SD card, although in some playback, there is a noticeable slow down from time to time.

here are some pictures of my problems, .

So the question is, did i install this thing wrong or the settings wrong? its currently sitting in my Kia Sportage 2023, to the left of the mirror(back view mirror), i did see that their install video says to put it to the right, so i will try that. But besides that, am i doing anything wrong? i have until august to return it. I really liked the footage i saw online, and if i can fix my mistakes id like to not return it. any suggestions or tips would be helpful.

Perhaps, i've never used a dash cam before, and was expecting too much? I come from the Cinema industry(i work as a Assistant Camera, with Sony, Arri, Panasonic, etc cameras) and am used to crisp footage. Maybe its supposed to look like this?

Not sure why links aren't working, not sure if this is even going to work either, will try to post pictures.

I'm experiencing the exact same, very poor image quality and there are others too which have reported it. It appears this model is flawed. I'm shocked that this is meant to be their top end model, yet you can't even make out the reg plate on the cars.

I'll be looking to return it.

I'm experiencing the exact same, very poor image quality and there are others too which have reported it. It appears this model is flawed. I'm shocked that this is meant to be their top end model, yet you can't even make out the reg plate on the cars.

I'll be looking to return it.
could you upload some sample footage?

Check that the resolution is set to 4k (2160p) in the menu.

Have you removed the blue plastic lens protection?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S 622GW 9
N 622GW 3
C 622GW 4
T 622GW 7
Back