Night vision enhancement

taffer87

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw a guy literally going back wrong way and then taking a uturn to make the exit he wanted but unfortunately due to night time and low image quality in dash camera at night couldn't catch the number plate. Anyone with image enhancing capabilities? From around 39 seconds on

At least they realized they was on a one way street and turned around !

I doubt anything can be done to improve that video. It is so heavily compressed there is nothing left. License plates can't be read until they get within 20' of that camera.

yeah was a bit stupid (as new user of a dash cam) for recording at 1080 at 120 frames at a second.. have changed to 4k now for the future... (problem is my dashcam only does 30 fps - is that good enough)?

Lesson learnt to maybe use the dipper to give flase lights/beam rather than horn .. and also if safe to do so get a bit closer rather than stay so far back

The use of the horn in that case was pointless. The other driver had already realized his mistake and was doing his best to correct it before you got on your horn. Blowing the horn, or flashing your lights would do nothing to improve the situation at that point, and just told the other guy you were pissed (American English meaning angry, not British English meaning drunk).

yeah it was a bit of a nutural response at seeing a car like that.. and then the person behind me honked at me as i had to slow down

Maybe with flashing at least lighting would be better and increase the chance of getting the name plate?

Is 4k @30fps good or should it be 2k @60fps from nextbase 622gw for the best name plate recognition chances (appreciate may still not capture)

Back