I just about got crashed into on the way home from work tonight.

Yeah that was pretty uncool, the guy probably about to overshoot his exit, or just carrying too much speed for making it in the conditions.
When we was younger and Denmark got snow in the winter, we called it body ( car body ) braking, using the snow on the side of the road to stop.

That also worked fine if it was fresh snow just put aside by a plow, but after a little thaw and then freezing again you did not want to go there unless you was ready to have body work done to your car.
It also seem to be a well know emergency exit in Russia judging by Russian winter dashcam compilations.

Either way, it do NOT make you look like a responsible and nice driver.

Last Friday we got what i hope was the last snow of this winter, and it is also all melted by now.
But a little over midnight i got a urge to test my new all season tires, so i packed my overnight bag and drove out to my friend, which was generally uneventful, planning on whipping up a drive video of that later today, speed up CUZ no one want to sit watch a dumb ass Dane drive in the snow for a good 30 minutes.

Hard to judge what happened there, the driver appeared to put on their hazard lamps at the end, as if there was something wrong with the vehicle, maybe the brakes failed? Presumably winter tyres are mandatory there, so they should have been able to slow faster than they were? You appear to have had plenty of grip.

Back