No Front Camera Picture/Recording

shyflyguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Firmware Vers 1.02.05
Installed in truck 3/29/16
SanDisk ExtremePro 64gb SDXC UHS-3

I removed cards and watched some videos last week and noticed the camera vibrating with the bumps of the road. I had to replace the windshield, so discontinued use of the ball mount, and left camera unplugged in center console until I could dig through boxes for original mount.
After a week riding around unplugged, today I went to reconnect and turn on camera to test aim so I could place the hard mount, except there's now no front camera input. Boots up fine, will display and record rear input. Shows available recording space at top of screen for front, but front camera input displays as black screen, and will not record.

I've tried reformatting the cards, in the camera, through windows, and through the FAT32 program I have, issue remains.
Tried swapping cards (got "Please Insert Front Card" error), formatted rear card in camera front slot, "Insert Card" error went away, but still no video/recording from front camera.
Tried completely different card, SanDisk Ultra 32gb SDHC, card recognized, but still no video or recording from front camera. I don't think the card is the problem.

Anybody have any ideas on what else I can do to try and fix? I hate to think this thing just died on me after barely a month of use!

Last edited:
No other reports of this but if I had to guess, it sounds like an internal connector/pcb component got knocked around possibly. (won't be easy to troubleshoot) Where did you buy it from?

Purchased from Pier28 via Amazon, Jul 22, 2015. Should I start a return? I don't think you carry these any more right?
Opened to verify shipment upon arrival, packed into box for cross country move, finally found again in February.

Purchased from Pier28 via Amazon, Jul 22, 2015. Should I start a return? I don't think you carry these any more right?
Opened to verify shipment upon arrival, packed into box for cross country move, finally found again in February.

You're just under the 1 year warranty. I replied to your email with RMA instructions.

Probably ribbon between CMOS and PCB is disconnected, - worth to check it.

Back