No live video on new camera.

jwkeh

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have done the internet searches and have an open ticket with Viofo. I am unable to see live video on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with the latest app downloaded two days ago. Here is what I have done so far. Airplane mode, Turned off cellular data in the Viofo app, turned the phone sideways, Deleted the app and redownloaded. Restarted the phone, tried 2.4G and 5G wifi. Here is the interesting thing. I have an iPad without cellular. It can get the live feed. Also when trying the previous things the phone is able to take snap shots etc and I can see the pictures when I go to that area on the camera. Any thoughts? Viofo has suggested some of what I have already done without success and the 24 hour delay due to where they are located is frustrating. I purchased thru Amazon so I can return it but I don't think a new VS1 will work any differently. Thoughts? Thank you.

Welcome to the club.
Turn off VPN if enabled.
Try a different smartphone.

Thank you for reply. I pulled out an old iPhone 6 with no SIM card so no cellular and the live view works. I wonder what is the problem with my 14 pro max and the camera?

I wonder what is the problem with my 14 pro max and the camera?
Can you remove the SIM card from the 14 Pro Max, and insert in it the 6 to see if that works?
(I don't know if the 14 Pro uses a SIM card).

Not sure how this is helpful to my question. Do you have any suggestions?
I think what Mentadent is trying to say is;
"Have you tried turning it off, and on again?"

I am unable to see live video on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with the latest app downloaded two days ago.
Is this a new problem, and it worked with the previous app version, or is it a new camera with a new app, or maybe a new phone with a new app?

I've no idea what the problem is, I have no issues with the Viofo app on iPhones, but maybe my question can help others pinpoint a problem...

I purchased thru Amazon so I can return it but I don't think a new VS1 will work any differently.
Yes, seems likely to be an issue with your phone setup, not with the camera. I doubt it is connected with having a cellular connection.
Do you have anything other than a VPN installed, that might affect networking/security?

Is this a new problem, and it worked with the previous app version, or is it a new camera with a new app, or maybe a new phone with a new app?

I've no idea what the problem is, I have no issues with the Viofo app on iPhones, but maybe my question can help others pinpoint a problem...

Yes, seems likely to be an issue with your phone setup, not with the camera. I doubt it is connected with having a cellular connection.
Do you have anything other than a VPN installed, that might affect networking/security?
This is a new camera and latest app. Viofo help desk says there is a new app coming soon so I will try that when available.

The dashcam has a web server inside it. That web page, when working, lists the files on the dashcam.

The dashcam has a web server inside it. That web page, when working, lists the files on the dashcam.
Thank you for the response. How do I load that page when the vivo wifi? Sorry if that is a basic question.

So yes I can go to that site and I can access the files.

Strange. It should all work then.

Have you tried a firmware update?

Strange. It should all work then.

Have you tried a firmware update?
Yes. The firmware update has been done. I guess as long as I can set the camera up with my iPad or old iPhone do I really need my phone to be able to see the live screen? I can access saved video and photos on my new phone. It's just frustrating that I can't figure this out. Thanks for the suggestions.

I only used the live view once when I set up the dashcam. I could live without it.

If you haven't already, it's recommended to point the dashcam so the horizon is in the top quarter of the view. Then you get the best brightness exposure for the part of the picture you want - the licence plates and cars - instead of brightness exposing for the sky and losing detail in the rest.

Back