no screen GS90C Ambarella A7LA70

m1966

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
When I starts my GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 I see the begin screen for 1 second then I see nothing only a black screen . What can be the problem???

When I starts my GS90C Ambarella A7LA70 I see the begin screen for 1 second then I see nothing only a black screen . What can be the problem???
Have you tried starting it without any memory card inside? How are you powering it?

yes i tried it without memory card .. powering with USB and car plug. no result.
I see screen is on but no camera image.

yes i tried it without memory card .. powering with USB and car plug. no result.
I see screen is on but no camera image.
Have you tried powering it with a USB adapter (phone charger) in your home wall outlet?

Is this a new camera or one that you've had for a while and this is a new issue?

with a Phone charger i see a very very dark image . I haven't mention that but when I pressed the menu button nothing happend.
The camera is 14 months old and this is a new issue?

So with car charger, you see only a blank/black screen, but with a USB charger you see a very dark image? Very strange indeed. The only thing I can think of to try, would be to reinstall the firmware.
It's also possible the battery needs replacement. They are cheap if you are handy and can do it your self.

oke I wil try it. But I can't see the menu screen , so to reinstall the firmware is that possible ???

oke I wil try it. But I can't see the menu screen , so to reinstall the firmware is that possible ???
Would you be able to see it when using a USB charger? Thought you said it's just very dark?
Might be worth opening up the camera and looking at the battery to see if it looks OK. Possible your screen is just shot. Hard to say. If you search the Dome threads, there is a thread were someone replaced the battery on the G90C not too long ago.

oke I try these options.. thank you for the answers...

Here is the thread I was thinking of. Thinking more about your issue, I'm leaning more towards a bad lcd screen. I doubt that's something worth replacing unless you already had a spare.

Your original post said you could see the start up screen, then it goes black. Are you referring to the startup screen of the red car? Does this startup screen look normal (not dark)?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/g90-battery-replacement.14732/#post-290465

the start up screen looks normaal after that no camera image ...

the start up screen looks normaal after that no camera image ...
That would seem to indicate that the screen is OK. So, you said when you power it inside with a USB charger (phone charger) that you can see the screen, but it's just really dark. From what you can see, when it's dark, is it the normal screen you would see if the screen was normal? Or does the screen look different? Does the camera still record normally?

Hello
ı have same problem when its power the screen is dark no red car image and records only power light on

I have the same problem wirh d201. When you plug it just red car coming out afyer that the screen goes black and nothing to see anything but red light on the right side. Menus and buttons are not functional. With usb connection computer is not seeingnthe camera so it is not possible to upgrade

I have the same problem wirh d201. When you plug it just red car coming out afyer that the screen goes black and nothing to see anything but red light on the right side. Menus and buttons are not functional. With usb connection computer is not seeingnthe camera so it is not possible to upgrade
So your screen lights up and you see the red car icon? Does it freeze on the car icon or just go black?
You can try to transfer the firmware to the card with a card reader. Then place the card in the camera and start it. Don’t use your computers or cars USB ports to update. Use a USB wall charger (phone charger) or supplied car charger during the update.

So your screen lights up and you see the red car icon? Does it freeze on the car icon or just go black?
You can try to transfer the firmware to the card with a card reader. Then place the card in the camera and start it. Don’t use your computers or cars USB ports to update. Use a USB wall charger (phone charger) or supplied car charger during the update.
I tried everything but nothing happened

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 3
Back