Not exactly a dashcam but still amusing

Alex P.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Video in Russian, so for people who don't understand - passenger car caught fire, the driver managed to get out, the police is waiting for firefighters to arrive (and filming the fire). Suddenly, a wild concrete pump (these have small water tank for flushing leftover concrete) driver appears ;):

Watch 'till the end for firefighters acting like clowns

I wouldn’t want those firemen coming to a burning building I was in, thank goodness that concrete lorry driver was there, but to be honest if I was him, I wouldn’t be getting that near to a burning car in case the petrol exploded

Pretty cool :)
Better get that loose firehose under control, one of those can kill a guy. ( dove for one under a fire drill on the ferrys i worked on, the guys ran the other way i dove for the hose and got it, O and BTW i was wearing full smoke diver outfit, you try to be a soccer goalie while wearing winter clothe and scuba diver gear. )
Lucky there wasent any cars on the lower deck, but still that heavy nozzel thrashing around can make a lot of mess, and bash in a brain if it hit one of those.

He came out in a hurry, I bet he was waiting for that moment the entire time working with that vehicle. The trucker got to live out his childhood dream of being a fireman :D

Brave guy, but he should have left it to the pros.
Shame there weren't any around! :eek:

I wouldn’t want those firemen coming to a burning building I was in, thank goodness that concrete lorry driver was there, but to be honest if I was him, I wouldn’t be getting that near to a burning car in case the petrol exploded
Gasoline tanks don't explode and gasoline just burns. Anyway, it could be a diesel. ;)

many many years ago I built a kit car, the kit used 90% donor parts from one make of car , some of these parts needed just a slight modification and some a good bit more to fit the kit car I was building,

one of these parts needing slight modification was the petrol tank, it couldn’t be used straight out of the donor car as the metal filer neck was 400mm too long and in the instruction manual it said 400mm was needed to be cut from the filler neck with a grinder,

the manual said even after the petrol tank was emptied of fuel, the tank would still contain petrol fumes and should be left to dry for a few days, and extreme care should be taken when cutting off the 400mm.

so once I emptied the tank of fuel I left the tank standing for a week while I got on with other things on the project, then one Sunday morning I took the grinder to the tank to cut off the 400mm, after about 20 seconds I heard a mighty bang and from the filler pipe was this blue flame that roared out a flame about one meter long, this flame and roar went on for a good minute if not longer

I know its not the liquid in the petrol that first catches fire but the fumes, and even after one week thinking the petrol fumes had all gone I was wrong, only afterwards I was told I should of filled the tank with water first before getting the grinder to the filler neck

The gas tank explosion was a myth introduced by the film industry but it was busted a long time ago. Not only it doesn't explode when cars crash but also when gasoline leaks and there's an ignition, the flame doesn't travel as quickly as film makers wanted us to believe. In fact, it burns so slowly that the film would probably end before the flame reaches the hero's crashed car's gas tank. :D

Fumes are nasty though. At my parents' local church a volunteer was refilling a lawnmower with petrol. The fumes drifted over to a field where a farmer had a small fire going. The fumes ignited right back to the lawnmower and gave the guy some awful burns.

It didn't explode of course.

I think that's why he started at the back of the car where the gas tank is and not at the engine.

He looks like he's just watering his garden, so calm and collected. It's golden.

Worst fire department ever.

Back