Not turning on when ignition is turned on

howardl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My cam sometimes doesn't turn on when starting the car up, I have to press the button on the side,
This happens, maybe once out of 10 times.

How are you powering the dash cam?
Plugged in cigarette lighter socket.
The blue light is on, then I press the on button, then the red lights up.... Like I said it happens every few startups

what sd card are you using and do you have any of the rear camera attachments?

maybe see for like a week, if you keep the rear camera unplugged will it still have this issue

Thanks for your input.
Much appreciated,
Today I have just done a firmware update, my camera was on 19.1, I haven't updated for ages.
I'll see if that cures it.

After the update all was well for a about 10 times, then, looked up when driving and it hadn't come on, pressed the button on side and it came on.
Has anyone used the small reset button on the top of the unit, if so what is the procedure?

Last edited:
Try to disconnect the rear camera to see if the front camera alone are more willing to play ball when alone.
Rear cameras, and a issue with the wire can cause problems.

Try to disconnect the rear camera to see if the front camera alone are more willing to play ball when alone.
Rear cameras, and a issue with the wire can cause problems.
Ok will give a try, Skylar mentioned disconnecting the rear cam.

I hard wired the set up, changed the SD card, it still persists... doesn't auto power up occasionally.
I haven't unplugged the rear camera yet.
Just done a factory reset and redone my settings.... Se if that changes things.

I kept a close eye on my cam.
I don't think there's a problem of sometimes not auto starting after all... I had the ignition on, the camera started, I turned ignition off, after 2 mins I restarted,
The camera came on... then the screen went black, I waited longer than I have done,.. about 30 seconds it came back on with a padlock in the centre, that video disappeared and reverted back to normal with the screen on.
I also noticed when the screensaver mph is on and I come to a halt and my engine stops ( the engine has isg) the screen comes on, then after 30 seconds it reverts to screen saver.
I personally thinks there's nothing wrong.
I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
Back