Novatek 96655 IMX322 two types of dash cams on sale for 9.99$ on Amazon (both confirmed legit and now sold out) --- Qige RS500 & R9S ( front and rear)

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just a heads up guys, this dashcam is on sale for super cheap so figured I'd let you all know. I bought one just to check it out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B077YDT8Y4

Hidden Car Dash Cam Adjustable - Qige RS500 170°Wide Angle Full HD 1080P,Loop recording,G-sensor
Specifications:
Chipset: Novatek NT96655
Sensor: Sony IMX322
Video Resolution:1080P(1920x1080)/ 720P(HD1280x720)/ VGA 640x480
File Format: Image: JPEG, Video: MOV.
Power-off File Recovery Function: Support.
Date Time Mark: Support.
Memory Card: Support up to 32GB Class10 or upper Micro SD/TF Card.
Language System: English / Simplified Chinese
Dimensions:0.41ft*0.22ft*0.1ft
Loop Video Clip: 1/3/5 Minutes Optional
APP software: FinalCam

Price: $9.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Details
Size: ACC 500

• Full HD HIGH QUALITY RESOLUTION: 1920*1080P /30fps. 170 degree A+ grade high-resolution wide angle lens.
    • FUNCTIONS: Advanced H.264 photography compression technology WDR function. 6X digital zoom automatically turn on/off function. Seamless loop-cycle recording function. G-sensor function.
    • Wi-Fi MOBILE DISPLAY: Built in Wi-Fi communication module. Built in 1080P real full HD CMOS sensor. Within the hidden power supply, no exposed wiring harness.
    • EXCLUSIVE MOBILE APPLICATION: of Android and IOS smart phones system. Optional rearview camera
    • CAN BROWSE THROUGH: the mobile phone, video download, video sharing, Can be convenient control of the recorder system
R9S rearview mirror dashcam from same seller is a confirmed dashcam too...

Hidden Car Dash Cam Adjustable - Qige R9B 140°Wide Angle Full HD 1080P,Loop recording,G-sensor … https://www.amazon.com/gp/B078JBM9P9

Last edited:
aae54947c57773e32321b167b5fe40ce.png

No battery or super capacitor!

Well at that price they would cost too much.

It could only be below cost assuming the stated specifications are actually correct, could be someone just dumping stock for whatever reason, at the price if it even worked I'd look at that as a win

Ancaro I thought I copy/pasted the whole Amazon text. It's in the Amazon link. I edited the original post to reflect it.

I am pretty sure it has some type of small battery inside to work with a car charger.

I took a chance on it to see 322 vs 323. I heard 322 sensor is slightly better than 323 but significantly more expensive to make. Jokin can you confirm this?

They are also selling R9B model which is rear view mirror? Same specs and also 9.99$. It is in the same Amazon link.

The RS500 no longer lists a number of dashcams remaining so I am guessing the last 4 got sold?

Edit: Confirmed out of stock...

"Back-ordered. Due in stock August 16 -- order now to reserve yours"

Last edited:
Exactly my thought process. :D:D:D

I felt reasonably safe thanks to Amazon's protection policies.

Ebay has the same camera for sale for 24.99$.

I am pretty sure it has some type of small battery inside to work with a car charger.
If it did then it wouldn't need the "File Recovery Function" to rescue the corrupted files. ;)

If it did then it wouldn't need the "File Recovery Function" to rescue the corrupted files. ;)

So what is the difference between capacitor version and this? Capacitor works for a few more seconds before turning off and this one turns off immediately once losing power?

Jokin I can't recall a specific place. I remember reading forums and watching comparison videos a couple years ago and I did notice that 322 and 323 were very close in quality but to my eyes 322 seemed a smidge better but apparently the cost difference was significant to where that slight difference was not relevant.

Here's one top result from google.

https://www.unifore.net/product-highlights/sony-imx323-cmos-image-sensor.html

Jokin I can't recall a specific place. I remember reading forums and watching comparison videos a couple years ago and I did notice that 322 and 323 were very close in quality but to my eyes 322 seemed a smidge better but apparently the cost difference was significant to where that slight difference was not relevant.

Here's one top result from google.

https://www.unifore.net/product-highlights/sony-imx323-cmos-image-sensor.html

I'd seen the same types of rumors going around (mostly on Russian forums), the cost differences are negligible between the 322 and 323, the 322 was end of life though so not an option to keep using it regardless, keep in mind when it comes to manufacturing even a few cents saving is touted as being significant when a component is produced in the millions

It could only be below cost assuming the stated specifications are actually correct, could be someone just dumping stock for whatever reason, at the price if it even worked I'd look at that as a win
The case the screen and the lens probably already cost more than 10usd

Shipping and handling will eat most of that 10$ too....

What do you think of the R9S model? I am thinking of buying it also to test it out...

What do you think of the R9S model? I am thinking of buying it also to test it out...

not familiar, not sure why these cameras are listed in the sewing and craft section, if it was eBay I'd say it was a hijacked account, not sure if that's a thing on Amazon though

not sure, that's what it came up as this morning, just had another look and it's in the correct category, couldn't find the R9S though, Amazon is a bit munted for us now as they try and kick us out to the Australian store by default, maybe something that went wrong in the redirect

Back