NOW FIXED - Dashcam Viewer Issue since Apple iOS 13.0 update

Maddog1974

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U3000 2ch, T700 Front & Internal IR
There is an update to the App today (2nd Oct)

Not fixed. Still unable to connect.

Go to Settings on the phone and then scroll down near the bottom where all the Apps are showing. Find DASH CAM and select that and make sure Location is set to 'Whilst using App or Always'. If the Location option isn't showing uninstall & reinstall the App and it should show. Then try again, should be fine!!

I am having the exact same issue with the 522GW dashcam WiFi connection on my iPhone Xs. I am not able to receive the live video feed on the app. It will ask me to join the wifi connection “nextbase-522gw-2edd” and when I try to join I have no luck.

I have also gone to “settings” on the iPhone and then to “WiFi” and clicked on the nextbase WiFi network that is listed and entered the default password “12345678” that was in the manual and given to me from a rep that I spoke to and attempted to join, but then it returned with the message telling me that the password is incorrect. I have spent easily over 5 hours just on this issue alone.

Don’t have me get into my second issue regarding Alexa. Lol

I am having the exact same issue with the 522GW dashcam WiFi connection on my iPhone Xs. I am not able to receive the live video feed on the app. It will ask me to join the wifi connection “nextbase-522gw-2edd” and when I try to join I have no luck.

I have also gone to “settings” on the iPhone and then to “WiFi” and clicked on the nextbase WiFi network that is listed and entered the default password “12345678” that was in the manual and given to me from a rep that I spoke to and attempted to join, but then it returned with the message telling me that the password is incorrect. I have spent easily over 5 hours just on this issue alone.

Don’t have me get into my second issue regarding Alexa. Lol

The Apple Update did interfere with Thinkware & Blackvue Apps too so i'm not surprised if it has messed up the Nextbase App too. Thinkware had the App update available after about 10 days, not sure about Blackvue though...

The Apple Update did interfere with Thinkware & Blackvue Apps too so i'm not surprised if it has messed up the Nextbase App too. Thinkware had the App update available after about 10 days, not sure about Blackvue though...

thanks Maddog

I have Thinkware U1000. DashCam shows have WiFi connection and Thinkware Cloud app shows Not Connected. If I turn off Personal Hotspot DashCam loses internet connection. When turn on personal hotspot DashCam reconnects to internet and Thinkware Cloud still shows Not Connected. Then after few minutes Dash Cam disconnects from WiFi. Then Dash Cam instructs to go to phone and connect to WiFi with Thinkware network. This is unacceptable. So____ DashCam and Thinkware Cloud app not communicating. Any solutions?

I have Thinkware U1000. DashCam shows have WiFi connection and Thinkware Cloud app shows Not Connected. If I turn off Personal Hotspot DashCam loses internet connection. When turn on personal hotspot DashCam reconnects to internet and Thinkware Cloud still shows Not Connected. Then after few minutes Dash Cam disconnects from WiFi. Then Dash Cam instructs to go to phone and connect to WiFi with Thinkware network. This is unacceptable. So____ DashCam and Thinkware Cloud app not communicating. Any solutions?

I encounter the same problem with my own U1000 on occasion. That is, the WiFi connection has a habit of dropping out, and it's a royal pain in the arse getting it connected again.
I've discovered that, if you want to connect to a WiFi Hotspot, you'll need to press the WiFi button on the unit twice, in quick succession.
If you want just WiFi, go through your phone's WiFi settings first, before launching the Cloud App. There is a lag of a couple of seconds for the App to recognise the WiFi connection.

I hope this helps.

I use the U1000 with a MiFi wifi hotspot device in my armrest and never have any issues with connection. There is one strange thing but it isn't the camera on the exact same stretch of road every day the camera will say 'not connected to the internet' for about 10 seconds and then 'connected to the internet' again. It appears the Phone Network provider has a very small 'dead patch' for Data despite there still being a 4G phone signal there.
@David Markham You shouldn't have to double press the WiFi button to connect to a hotspot, if the WiFi LED is flashing Blue it's searching for one already.
@TomJG Do you have the 'Network Functions' enabled in the camera settings?

Thank you Gentlemen. I appreciate it. I am getting a fair amount of pixallation on my U1000.

Is there a correct way to shut down the U1000 when done driving? Then when starting car to drive? Do you have to connect to internet with Thinkware then my hotspot every time I get ready to drive? It seems quite tedious. I would think that once U1000 in connected and recording I could just turn off car when done driving and then when start car next time the U1000 would just start up and start recording.

Please enlighten me. I really do appreciate this.

The camera will turn off Automatically when you have finished the drive and start Automatically when the Ignition is turned back on (assuming it's been Hard Wired correctly). If you have Parking Mode enabled you should hear a verbal message after about 30 seconds of turning off the ignition saying that 'Parking Recording has now started...' (Assuming you have a volume level set above zero)

As for the WiFi Hotspot connection as long as the Hotspot is enabled when you start the car the camera should auto connect to that Hotspot as long as it's been 'Set Up' in advance...

Back