Now is this warranty worth anything?

mollydog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just come across this add on eBay,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331747320356
this DVR costs a total of £6.98, and this includes P&P (shipping) it was brought to my attention by a member on another forum who has this one and is pleased with the results it produces,

The reason I’m mentioning it here is that I also see that for a further £8.49, they will give you a 3 year warranty. but it needs to be posted back to Singapore, I’m sure they know not many will send it back to Singapore when postage will more than likely cost 3x the cost of this DVR

I’ve just come across this add on eBay,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331747320356
this DVR costs a total of £6.98, and this includes P&P (shipping) it was brought to my attention by a member on another forum who has this one and is pleased with the results it produces,

The reason I’m mentioning it here is that I also see that for a further £8.49, they will give you a 3 year warranty. but it needs to be posted back to Singapore, I’m sure they know not many will send it back to Singapore when postage will more than likely cost 3x the cost of this DVR
AVI, MJPEG and 1080p interpolated. Looking at these specs I'd say stay away from it. :)

I am worried not so much about repair / replacement warranty "policy", but more about risks and guarantee to have video recording saved while needed most. With cheaper models failure risks are very high.

Maybe it's simpler to just pay them 30% of the price of the item to start with, and take your chances?
:)

It's fun to read FAQ. If you want to buy annoyance and waste time, it's a good change.
http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...QAlways=1&ssPageName=PageAskSellerQuestion_VI

thank you for the link, I’ve had a few good laughs reading some of the replies, you couldn’t make some of these up, you have a faulty product you want to send back and they reply suggesting if they give you 30% back you could give this faulty product as a gift to a friend of maybe even sell it locally, and as the seller say’s, it will be very expensive posting it back, but no mention of postage cost when selling the 3 year warranty

Q: Hi i've received this item One is giving image of very poor quality. Other is not working. Please help. 10-Mar-16

A: dear friend, Thank you for your photo. we are so sorry for the trouble, please accept our sincere apologize! But is there any possible you keep the one you received? or you can send it to your friends as a gift or resell it in your local place, we will refund 30% as compensation, is this ok ? since sending it back will cost too much. or maybe you have other better ideas ?

What I find strange, on various facebook pages, people often ask about which dashcam. I simply refer them to the sticky on here & mention my mobius (why not? years of great service) but others put links to all the detritus found on ebay "I got one of these for £10 last year & it's a great little camera, always worked perfectly" etc.
And it's not even the same people doing this each time, different people come along with tales of joy about their cheapo cameras. o_O

Maybe more people should spend more time "THINKING"...

And learn to recognise the difference between a genuine bargain and the ridiculous !!!

To me a bargain is anything from buying countless well in date packs of 20 nandos chicken drumers from a cancelled order from their supplier for 50p each.. dam tasty !

to buying a job lot of returned dashcams and making a hefty profit.

A dashcam at the price you are quoting ?

why would anyone consider it a bargain or a useful bit of kit !!!!??????????

What I find strange, on various facebook pages, people often ask about which dashcam. I simply refer them to the sticky on here & mention my mobius (why not? years of great service) but others put links to all the detritus found on ebay "I got one of these for £10 last year & it's a great little camera, always worked perfectly" etc.
And it's not even the same people doing this each time, different people come along with tales of joy about their cheapo cameras. o_O

A dashcam at the price you are quoting ?

why would anyone consider it a bargain or a useful bit of kit !!!!??????????
People like this need to learn the difference between 'frugal' and 'cheap'. :D

I think some people are happy the cams power up, and actually records something they think it's wonderful. (Until a year or two later when they need the files, and nothing is there.)

The worst reviews are on one of the HK based hobby retailer websites, where they give points that are worth store credit for reviews.

You'll see stuff like 'this is wonderful and an excellent value! It's so realistic and worth three times the price! I can't can't wait for mine to be delivered.'

(Followed by an update a month later...'This is junk! It took a month to arrive, the box was smashed, parts are missing. This retailer is a FRAUD!'

:)

Back