Off-centre positioning

I managed to get the lens of both my front 0806 and my rear 0805 in the centre of the front & rear windscreen +/- a few millimetres, if it wasn’t for the location of the mirror mount on the screen, I’d have had the forward facing mini 0806 just a little higher, but as it is now it just misses the mirror mount

excuse the very dirty windscreen the car hasn’t yet been cleaned after returning from my 4- 5K miles round trip on my holiday

in very bright sunlight, even with a CPL filter there is/will be some reflections in the screen but not as much as without the filter,
here’s the rear view with the mini 0805 + filter in very bright sunlight fixed as shown above

and the forward facing mini 0806, with CPL filter will still get some reflections in bright light when the top is down, fitted in the location shown above

(just for fun) here’s a clip showing those French girls (Reims) in that green Peugeot shout at me about the Elise, captured with the DVR’s in the location shown in the photos

The subject of off-center positioning could probably use its very own thread. For me its something I've been forced to deal with ever since my first dash cam.
Things not quite right drive me nuts. I am constantly changing things to get them just right, and of course, I never do. I was following this thread closely in the hopes that I would finally have a definitive answer to this question. Oh well, the pain continues :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D SG9665GC 2
RichardX SG9665GC 17
Back