Official SJCAM website now with security check

@ David106, a few days later when I had more time I went back and checked the serial number on my 2x box 's on their website (I wish they wouldn't use O,0 or I,1), both SJ4000 wi-fi, I got off the eBay seller were genuine going by their site,

but as Jokiin says, maybe would be a good idea to have a counter, counting how many times a serial number has been checked,

the forgers only need to print one genuine number on hundreds (thousands) of boxes, to make people think they have a genuine SJ4000

kind of ironic that you need security checks to see the authenticity of a GoPro knockoff though isn't it
I guess it depends what is considered as a "knock off", presumably SJCam dont consider their cameras to be knock offs and want to protect their customers. Looking on line there are a few cameras that look similar to other popular makes, Mini series, A118/B40 lookalikes, GoPro lookalikes. Some are blatant copies, whilst others are just utilising a well thoughtout case design.

I understand their concern when others call theirs SJ4000, unfortunately the first model number used on a new chassis does often stick and subsequent versions get called the same even though the insides are different, GS1000 was another where there was an original one and a heap of unrelated copies

hello everybody,
I wanted to buy Sjcam M10 but can't tell from the website that which one is real but for the basic edition M10 $20 difference in price on both websites...

www.sjcam.com sells for $79.99
www.sjcamhd.com sells for $99

Back