Ordered 2x G1W from Spy-Tec

XtremeModder

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Other than the tracking saying delivered to Australia 8 hours later (I'm in Canada and ordered from him on amazon.com btw) I am finally happy I ordered a dash cam for myself as there are way too many morons on the road nowadays (how they get their license is beyond me).

Regardless, I opted to not bother with the capacitor version and am kind of regretting it now as our summers can get pretty brutal for the heat buildup in the car.

I also want this to run in a parking mode if possible and read that it isn't recommended to do that with a battery installed in the camera.

MAIN QUESTION

I have heard some people have modified their G1W with one of those super capacitors, if I did this would I be able to use a parking mode in conjunction with one of those devices that stops your battery from dieing?

Is there a guide on how to do that mod or is it just desolder the 4 battery wires and solder in 2 connectors for the cap...

Thanks for any info

firmware would need to be modded, if you put caps in the battery version you'll find when it shuts down that the last file will get corrupted

Ok and is there a guide for doing that modification? Is it safe to use with those devices that keep the camera running when the car is off when using the G1W with a cap?

there's some other guides to doing a capacitor mod on the site here, try the DIY section, you might be able to make it work, reliability might be an issue though with the firmware version you have

just getting the cap version would be a better choice, resell the one you have if need be to recoup some of your losses

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F G1WX 26
S G1WX 12
Back