Overwhelmed and need help picking a camera

bhardt

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have been lurking for a while and just like everyone else would like some help picking a dashboard camera. I know this is a long shot but are there any cameras that run on regular batteries?

These are the features I am looking for:
-Reliability
-Quality
-Screen

Price is a non-issue, but I don't want to just spend a bunch of money on nonsense. I don't care about wi-fi, gps, or other stuff. I will pay top dollar for the three things that matter to me, which I listed above. If you guys could also suggest reliable sites to buy from I would appreciate it. Thanks!

May I ask, what is the reason ( request ) to run from regular batteries ? Regular you mean AA or AAA type ?

May I ask, what is the reason ( request ) to run from regular batteries ? Regular you mean AA or AAA type ?

I used to have an old dash cam in my previous car and just had it plugged into the adapter and the wire looked awful. I know that a lot of people tuck the wires away, but my adapter is inside of a compartment in my center console and I don't want to leave it open all the time. Also, I am not at all confident enough to even attempt to hardwire the cam and I am not sure if doing so would void my warranty.

... are there any cameras that run on regular batteries?

Welcome to DCT. consider the SJCAM M10. It can record for up to 2 hours using its internal battery. The battery is rechargeable & can be swapped in seconds, so carry spare batteries if your round trips exceed 2 hours.

image.jpg

Back