Painted A-Pillars to reduce reflections

BlackCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x VIOFO A119s v2 (Front) : VIOFO A119 v1 (Rear)
I finally got around to getting the A-pillars removed and painted to reduce the reflections I was getting.

Before:
20170716_144450.jpg

After:
20170716_144919.jpg

The paint is still wet when I took the pic so that is why there are a couple shinny spots. When it is dry it it a ultra flat black paint.

That's pretty hard core! Actually, I've considered doing something like this too because my dash mat works so well it makes the grey A-pillars in my pick-up seem to reflect on video more than they used to.

A_pillar.jpg

Here are a before and after screen grab from some video. Compare the lower left area of each photo:

Before:
Screenshot 2017-07-17 17.23.43.png

After:
Screenshot 2017-07-17 17.21.54.png

Good job, definite improvement in the video. I did the same sort of thing ages ago as I didn't like how my A-pillars were reflecting in the windscreen either, along with some nasty silver trim right in the middle of the dashboard.

I also did some of my cars trim panels. One part in particular, a square silver coloured ring, seemed to be nearly always visible in my footage. The A pillars also show up less and other trim bits were just to match up. Hopefully the photos will explain better. Stock, it looked something like this:
View attachment 22846
The most annoying piece:
View attachment 22847
Passenger air vent (did both but only showing one):
View attachment 22848
A-pillars:
View attachment 22849 View attachment 22850
Centre console trim:
View attachment 22851

Would recommend it to anyone on here, nice easy job. I just used PlastiDip.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A119 6
Back