Panorama S and GPS

tevans9129

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All, I just ordered the S and was wondering if I can use the GPS that I use with my Laptop with the DashCam? Can anyone answer the question as I do not want to order another GPS as I have three already. Thanks.

What does your Laptop GPS look like? Post a photo.

Does it looks like the actual Panorama GPS Logger?
http://roadcam.ecrater.com/p/20173306/roadcam-rcpano2sgps-gps-logger-sgm-1328-for
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU6ZA
53ae373e1edf9_336922n.jpg

Hi All, I just ordered the S and was wondering if I can use the GPS that I use with my Laptop with the DashCam? Can anyone answer the question as I do not want to order another GPS as I have three already. Thanks.

Won't be compatible

I am sure that it does jokiin but when I already own three which work wonderfully with map programs plus the one in the auto, it is not that palatable for me to purchase another one.

The firmware is coded to the specific unit used, it won't work with other models, perhaps sell one of your others to offset the cost if need be, just because they work great for what you currently use them for doesn't make them suitable for this purpose, it's not some sort of conspiracy by manufacturers, the firmware is written to suit the parameters of the specific device chosen

The firmware is coded to the specific unit used, it won't work with other models, perhaps sell one of your others to offset the cost if need be, just because they work great for what you currently use them for doesn't make them suitable for this purpose, it's not some sort of conspiracy by manufacturers, the firmware is written to suit the parameters of the specific device chosen

Thanks for the explanation Jokiin, now I will just need to decide if having the GPS for the Dashcam is worth the investment. Being ignorant of this technology, I am not sure as to the practical benefit of the GPS in the cam.

there are a few reasons to want to have it, accurate time and date, knowing the location of an incident without having to remember to note it down at the time

there are a few reasons to want to have it, accurate time and date, knowing the location of an incident without having to remember to note it down at the time

And ( for me ) the speed you're travelling at. This is proof that I was NOT speeding, officer

It makes playback via DashCamViewer or RegistratorViewer more fun too.
You can follow along via Google Mapsl. (links in my signature)

Last edited:
It makes playback via DashCamViewer or RegistratorViewer more fun to following along via Google Maps as well. (links in my signature)

When used like this it makes finding a particular point in your journey and the corresponding footage quite easy also

Whoops you quoted me before I could correct my grammar. :)
But yes that too! It's much easier to find the event you looking for visually/quickly. GPS + DashCam video = Wow/Cool/Fun/Helpful/Efficiency

And ( for me ) the speed you're travelling at. This is proof that I was NOT speeding, officer

That feature would probably not work in my favor, it would be more like, yes officer, I was going a little faster than I should have.

Whoops you quoted me before I could correct my grammar. :)
But yes that too! It's much easier to find the event you looking for visually/quickly. GPS + DashCam video = Wow/Cool/Fun/Helpful/Efficiency

OK RoadCam, you talked me into it.....with the help of the video clips from Dashcam Viewer, I placed an order with you.

Back