Panorama X2 Firmware 1.01.09 (Native 64GB/128GB/256GB exFAT microSDXC format support and more!)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Happy New Year!

After several X2 firmware test updates in the private PowerUCC beta section, it's time to bring the latest stable version to the public. The X2 firmware is still evolving so even more is to come.

oMPljQil.jpg

This version now has native exFAT formatting support for microSDXC
(meaning larger 64GB/128GB/256GB cards work great)

You can format these large cards inside the camera and you're good to go. In the past you had to manually format >32GB cards FAT32 on a computer. This is no longer needed thanks to the outstanding engineering team efforts. This new exFAT support has been added to all Panorama products across the board.

Panorama X2 firmware version: 1.01.09

-exFAT large memory card support, and over all writing stability across all brand memory cards improved.
(even SanDisk!)

-Driving Mode to Parking Mode bug fixed

-Added new High/Medium/Low brightness control & high/low bitrate per camera

-Added file allocation size per normal/event/parking

-Added LED on/off option (front blinking orange LED while recording)

-((Pending Edit, I'm sure I forgot a couple things))

-Grey Box popup/write error problem resolved. (exFAT related)

QlboZeI.png

1) Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/24kvft3wygsevhs/DHD_FullBurn.ELF?dl=1

2) Copy "DHD_FullBurn.ELF" to the root of each microSD card. (meaning not inside any folders)

3) Insert the microSD cards into your Panorama X2
(Important, your vehicle's engine must be running to ensure power is stable! Do not perform the update with the engine off)

4) Navigate via your easy to use touch screen to settings, about, and press update!

5) Watch the progress bar fill up, when it's done it will shutdown/reboot.

6) You will need to change the language back to English using visual icons alone since it will be in Korean

Below is step-by-step video on how to update a firmware on Panorama X2. (thanks @niko)
Note: This video was created before the latest exFAT support. You'll notice this video asks you to format the cards in the computer first. After 1.01.09 or above, there is no need to format cards in your computer any more. Just follow the video example so you know what to look for using the steps above.

Now that this herculean brain power effort of exFAT engineering has been completed, we can focus on improving the basic IQ/PQ into 2015. Way to go @Sungmoon Jang !

Last edited:
Does this work?

0FD091C4B0DBE6694DC842F483CC317B

Awesome, thanks! Typically you want to zip/rar/7z files like firmware to get implicit integrity checks of the files. Wouldn't want to accidentally upgrade with a corrupt file!

Pier I think the X2 might be ready for me now. :D

Has anyone done a video of the v1.01.09 GUI and features?

Pier I think the X2 might be ready for me now. :D

Has anyone done a video of the v1.01.09 GUI and features?

Welcome to the X2 club soon :) We'll need to do a new video with the latest new GUI features added in the last few revisions.

This morning on one of my X2, I had a problem, rear cam did not record, could not click to menu, had to unplug. Restarting, saw that both records now, viewing front, had empty parking folder. Formatted both cards in X2, will check again overnight, etc.

Grey box again. It happen in parking mode. When I tried to start the car, the camera switch on with grey box on it - only format solve it. (64gb Transcend)

I been running now since last FW release on 128gb cards no issues at all.

@Pier28 . Is there any releases being worked on for improved PQ? My speed gps bug still present even after flipping tape up to window. Front camera speed is different than back camera as well.

Once you format the cards be sure you don't mix up front with the rear after you pop them out to review video. you might want to mark which one is which. This seems to help keep the grey box away. I will see what the latest development is and check about GPS PQ

although this may be sound advice (keep front card in front, rear in rear) this has made no difference me.

i constantly swap out 64gb cards with my 128gb cards so the cam is always running 24/7 whilst i review footage on the main cards (which are the 128's--consider the 64 gb cards pinch hitters if you will. ;) ) and i dont have any of them marked front/rear. i just pop them in and do an immediate format IN CAMERA. the camera is happy with whatever it sees.

to the op who saw the gray box, pull the plug on the cam so it discharges (10 seconds) plug in and then attempt a reformat.

sometimes I have noticed that when i slip in the 128gb cards hot (meaning the cam is on, cam is not in park mode but drive mode) the cam does need a bit of time to read the cards, so i will get a gray box up top (not in the middle of the screen) that lasts about 30 seconds -ish, then the cam is happy and i can go to format.

**just to be clear, im using a beta higher bit rate firmware which may or may not make things different for others.

If you always format every time you pop the cards in, keeping track of front/back won't make any difference. This is for the people that don't format the cards after they pop them in/out.

If you always format every time you pop the cards in, keeping track of front/back won't make any difference. This is for the people that don't format the cards after they pop them in/out.

if you've had the cards out then why not format them

That's my recommendation as well, to always format if you remove the cards and put them back in . My guess is some people will say they like to keep all the previous videos there as a backup probably. (if they only reviewed a few, but need to keep the whole days drive saved)

I always remove cards after shutdown process. I think of it as removing a USB memory stick from my laptop. If you don't dismount it correctly it may corrupt files on the stick. I will then install cards with power off and boot and format before any recording starts in cam. I have had no issues what's so ever with the 64gb cards which came with cam @Pier28 nor the legit 128gb cards I bought.

For me after I review and save files I want to laptop which is never many I delete them off cards before reinstalling into cam. Never had issues.

Only issues I have being two majors are the PQ and speed gps jumping all over the place and different front and back. Other bugs such as unable to shut off beep I can deal with for now.

Quick question: Does the X2 come in all black as yet or are there any plans? ...and yes I know I can stick tape all over it. :rolleyes::D

Quick question: Does the X2 come in all black as yet or are there any plans? ...and yes I know I can stick tape all over it. :rolleyes::D

No plans for an all black edition yet, but I'll see if I can work out any custom deals at the factory for extra cost in the future.

No plans for an all black edition yet, but I'll see if I can work out any custom deals at the factory for extra cost in the future.

Nice! ... all gold edition X2! (j/k) :D

Back