Panorama X2. How to connect at home?

alexsoll

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dash Cam
Street Guardian, BlackVue, Thinkware
Have any questions on connecting Panorama X2 at home.
Comes with 3 core wire, but it is already installed in the car.
How to connect using the normal 2 wire cable + and - ? I still can't do it..
Thank you to everyone.

acZ3H.png

I was usually connected through this cable and power adapter (12-16 volt)

acZ45.png

Last edited:
That's a good question, X2 would make a great Home Security system with the right 12V power supply let's find something. I'll add it as an accessory.

I'm sure we'll figure it out quickly. For testing I use a JTPS45 at home. http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtps45.shtml
sC7nfE7.png

Last edited:
It is important to find a connection option for a normal user using ordinary power adapter.
Before this I never had any problems.
Now I feel stupid.

Looking at the X2 power cable it looks like it has multiple poles - maybe the X2 needs the same sort of connector?

I'm just wondering if maybe that extra pole (it looks like there is an extra plastic notch) on the X2 connector needs to be connected for it to power up?

Here's the 3 and 4 pole just so you see what I mean - the 3 pole being two plastic lines and the 4 pole being three?

a_qna.jpg

in blackvue 750 also has 3 wires, but at home without problems connecting conventional 2 wire cable with adapter,
need only to press the power button on the side 750 (which x2 is absent)

It's a shame you can't use power to the micro USB to power the camera at home as that would have been a good solution!

Yes, it's sad.

U need 3pin 3wire 2.5mm plug cable. But most important is correspondence of pins to wires: batt, acc and ground.
Find on original cables which pin does which function ( batt, acc, ground ) and match them on wires when connecting to power source.

Does it work? I'd like to source some cigarette port options as an accessory in addition to the home plug. I could possibly put them together myself if a ready to go 3 wire product isn't available. More Suggestions?

Does it work? I'd like to source some cigarette port options as an accessory in addition to the home plug. I could possibly put them together myself if a ready to go 3 wire product isn't available. More Suggestions?

I have connected at home to power-supply ( Jetstream ), using original X2 supplied hardwire: ACC + Battery cables to ( + ) positive and Ground to ( - ) negative of the power supply. This was at the early stage of "unboxing", when not yet installed in car. Now, when original hardwire is fully installed ( hidden ) in the car, need spare original X2 hardwire, in order to use in house to connect to power-supply.
Having Switchable power supply ( like Jetstream ) can simulate at home a driving and parking recording tests by adjusting voltage up or down.

That voltage is work in case of battery only. But without acc, machine can not power on.
So it's work at car installation.
Also I add, drive mode. It means work only at driving.

I just created my own test power cord. I cut the end of a Panorama S power supply.

I attached ground to the outside ground wire.

I attached both ACC and BAT+ to the center power wire.

I actually created a short pigtail so I can attach/remove the ACC to simulate Parking Mode. I'm using a non sticky type of thick electrical non-"tape" I can peel off as needed (forgot the brand name)

So far so good! I don't have time to install the real cable in my car for awhile so this will have to do.

xdEc2QMl.jpg

Well so far my home built cable is sending all recording into the Parking Mode folder. I need to figure out why ACC isn't kicking normal recording. Maybe loose wire.

Last edited:
Back