PAPAGO! Let's Drive!

Thanks for the boost of morale! :)
I tested the Emergency file length and what I found is the following:
1. File is 2:10sec
2. Upon pressing the Emergency button the only thing that gets write-protected is 8 sec before.

I sent these finding over to the proper department to see if this can get altered to one minute before and one minute after. Once I get more information I will get back to you.
Kindly,
PAPAGO!

Thank you for checking on this for me, I will be keeping an eye on the website and this thread for a firmware update, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later since this is Papago's flagship dashcam.

on the topic of the Emergency Button, I also noticed another annoyance. That if the screen is off, you have to press the button Twice. First press turns on the screen. Same thing if your side bar is set to "autohide", the first press of the emergency button only shows the bar again, then on 2nd press it actually activates the emergency function. It should activate only with 1 press regardless what state the screen or button bar is in. That alone wastes like 2 seconds after you realize you want to press the event button.

I think 30 seconds of pre-record is plenty for the Emergency files. A minute might be too much.

Last edited:
on the topic of the Emergency Button, I also noticed another annoyance. That if the screen is off, you have to press the button Twice. First press turns on the screen. Same thing if your side bar is set to "autohide", the first press of the emergency button only shows the bar again, then on 2nd press it actually activates the emergency function. It should activate only with 1 press regardless what state the screen or button bar is in. That alone wastes like 2 seconds after you realize you want to press the event button.

I think 30 seconds of pre-record is plenty for the Emergency files. A minute might be too much.
All dashcams behave the same way.
First press wakes it up and 2nd does the function.

If you don't want that, you can simply have the display on all the time and one press will work.

Thanks for the boost of morale! :)
I tested the Emergency file length and what I found is the following:
1. File is 2:10sec
2. Upon pressing the Emergency button the only thing that gets write-protected is 8 sec before.

I sent these finding over to the proper department to see if this can get altered to one minute before and one minute after. Once I get more information I will get back to you.
Kindly,
PAPAGO!

It's been a month since your last reply, do you have an update for us? It's been a year since the firmware has been updated.

It's been a month since your last reply, do you have an update for us? It's been a year since the firmware has been updated.
Hello,
Very sorry for the delay. I checked with our engineering team and it is not a fix we can control in a firmware update. It is the decision of the chip-set manufacturer. Since it is built-in to the design of the dashcam we cannot fix it.
Sorry if you are disappointed.
~PAPAGO!

Last edited:
Back