PAPAGO!

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
P3, P2, P1, GoSafe 110, GoSafe 330, GoSafe 200, GoSafe 260
Hello Everyone,

Can I just start by saying that I am glad that there is a reliable forum like DashCamTalk to spread the word about the emerging world of dashcams. If you have not heard of the PAPAGO! brand we invite you to visit our US based site and explore the products we have to offer at the moment. us.papagoinc.com

We currently carry two series of our dashcams. There is the P-series, which has the P1Pro, P2Pro, and the P3.
Here are some descriptions:

P1 Pro- This trendy dashcam has a glossy, white finished body with a 2.4” display so any driver can fully view their travels. If you are looking for a dashcam full of personality the P1 Pro is the perfect choice. Complete with a light reminder, driver fatigue warning, and stop and go this device will help you reach your destination safely and in style. The G-Sensor will back up that important file when an impact occurs. It loops over old footage and continuously records while plugged into the car lighter outlet. Able to switch between 720p or 1080p HD 30 fps at 130° angle footage you can create images through snapshots and video at different resolutions. The wide dynamic range will provide you with crystal clear images in low-light conditions. If you want to stand out with a swanky dashcam the P1 Pro is the choice for you.

P2 Pro-The P2 Pro is soon to become your favorite gadget to enhance your driving experience. This complete model is GPS enabled with a digital mapping system when you open up the footage with the GoLife software available on our website. It has the G-sensor capability, lane departure warning system (LDWS), front collision warning system (FCWS), speed camera warning, along with the stop and go feature that will ensure a safe driving experience. With 1080p HD 30 fps at 130° angle footage you can create images through snapshots and video with high quality results. The wide dynamic range (WDR) will provide you with crystal clear images in low-light conditions. With the P2 Pro by your side you will be able to capture those rare moments and safeguard yourself against any insurance fraud cases or potential accidents.

P3- No other dashcam on the market can compare to the high tech, fully loaded aspects of the P3. This particular model is GPS enabled with a digital mapping system that you can visually see on the 2.4” screen and when you open up the footage with the GoLife software available on our website. It has the G-sensor capability, lane departure warning system (LDWS), front collision warning system (FCWS), speed camera warning, along with the stop and go feature that will ensure a safe driving experience. With 1080p HD 30 fps at 130° angle footage you can create images through snapshots and video with high quality results. The wide dynamic range (WDR) will provide you with crystal clear images in low-light conditions. If you are in the market for a dashcam that can do it all the P3 is the way to go.

The GoSafe series are much more compact with a smaller price tag. Here are some descriptions:

GoSafe 110- Do not let the size of this compact designed dashcam fool you. It captures crystal, clear 126° angle footage with its HD 720p high-resolution video recording and snapshot capabilities. It has a 2.0” display screen for viewing your drive and encased with durable materials it is designed to withstand high and low temperatures. The GoSafe 110 has a G-Sensor that will back up that important file when an impact occurs. It loops over old footage and continuously records while plugged into the car lighter outlet. Equipped with safety features like motion detection and stop and go this device will help keep any driver safe on the road.

GoSafe 330- The higher end model in our GoSafe series is the 330. This sleek dashcam will blow you away with all the technology packed into its’ lightweight and streamlined design. Created in true PAPAGO! style, this device promotes safety and functionality. Loaded with a light reminder, motion detection, a driver fatigue alarm, and stop and go. The G-Sensor will back up that important file when an impact occurs. It loops over old footage and continuously records while plugged into the car lighter outlet. Able to switch between 720p or 1080p HD 30 fps at 142° angle footage you can create images through snapshots and video at different resolutions. Individualizing your experience on the road is achievable with the GoSafe 330.

We are currently in the process of getting the GoSafe WiFi model available here in the US and just to let you know we think it's going to be a huge hit with dashcam users everywhere.

We hope you like our brands and please feel free to ask us any questions you may have about us , our brands, or our products. I hope to hear from you all!

So... Do any of your cameras not have a glossy finish or white coloring aka a giant sign saying "steal me!"?

So... Do any of your cameras not have a glossy finish or white coloring aka a giant sign saying "steal me!"?
Our smaller GoSafe 330 and GoSafe 110 are both compact and have many of the same advanced driving features that the P-Series have. Not all of them but still highly functional. The P1 Pro is a very snazzy design that's for sure. I guess its a preferential thing.

How is the GoSafe 110 using an Ambarella chip and only able to do 720? I thought all Ambarella chips could do 1080P?

Hello. I am trying to find out the answer to that question. I was never alerted of this question. Sorry for the delayed response

I have a P2Pro and love it... lot's of great features and good firmware compared to a lot of other cameras. However, please please provide me with an Speed Camera file/bin for the UK! The this would make camera perfect!

I replied to your other comment made on our page. I hope with the awareness building around dashcams and the rise in sales perhaps the UK branch will get opened sooner than later. Once that happens they will have to build the UK firmware. I'll keep you posted if I hear any changes.

Here is some more video for you!

Much wider view. If you test it against another dashcam at 1080HD you will see that this model has a much wider periphery view.

I totally agree with this comment. The bright white PAPAGO! logo on the front of all their dashcams and the silver ring around the lens stand out in a bad way. It makes the dashcam very visible from the outside. It seems the product designers forgot that dashcams should be discrete and blend in with the car. Seems like they thought they were designing a toy digital camera instead.

Our smaller GoSafe 330 and GoSafe 110 are both compact and have many of the same advanced driving features that the P-Series have. Not all of them but still highly functional. The P1 Pro is a very snazzy design that's for sure. I guess its a preferential thing.

I think you did not understand Xybone's comment. Even the 272 slim model has the white logo and silver ring in the front, making the dashcam very visible from the outside. This is not about compactness or features, but about making the installed dashcam as inconspicuous as possible so that it doesn't make an inviting target to break into the car and steal.

It makes the dashcam very visible from the outside. It seems the product designers forgot that dashcams should be discrete and blend in with the car. Seems like they thought they were designing a toy digital camera instead.

pretty much the standard in the Taiwan market

I totally agree with this comment. The bright white PAPAGO! logo on the front of all their dashcams and the silver ring around the lens stand out in a bad way. It makes the dashcam very visible from the outside. It seems the product designers forgot that dashcams should be discrete and blend in with the car. Seems like they thought they were designing a toy digital camera instead.

I think you did not understand Xybone's comment. Even the 272 slim model has the white logo and silver ring in the front, making the dashcam very visible from the outside. This is not about compactness or features, but about making the installed dashcam as inconspicuous as possible so that it doesn't make an inviting target to break into the car and steal.

I understand that the design of the dashcam's exterior plays a huge part in consumers choice to purchase. I will definitely bring these helpful insights to our design team. Like Street Guardian said it might be a standard thing in Taiwan but perhaps the US market is desiring a totally different look.

Doesn't matter to me anymore, I sold my P2 on due to the lack of support... Shame, the UK is a big emerging market for Dashcams

I have something you can pass onto your support team. I have a GoSafe 520 and when I use the event button, it only picks up maybe 5-7 seconds before I pressed the button, so basically if something actually happens and I want to manually save I better press that button almost as soon as it happens.

The event clip saved is a 2 min 10 second clip, I suggest saving 1 minute before pushing the button and 1 minute after. I've already missed a few events because the maximum this camera can record is 3.7 hours on a 32gb card, by the time I go back to see I missed the even it's already been recorded over.

Another suggestion, I have a feeling that the camera hardware can support a bigger memory card and it's just locked down by software. If this is the case, unlock it! Let us use 64gb/128gb cards.

Papago will lose the US market because of the little things, but I think it's easily fixable.

I have something you can pass onto your support team. I have a GoSafe 520 and when I use the event button, it only picks up maybe 5-7 seconds before I pressed the button, so basically if something actually happens and I want to manually save I better press that button almost as soon as it happens.

The event clip saved is a 2 min 10 second clip, I suggest saving 1 minute before pushing the button and 1 minute after. I've already missed a few events because the maximum this camera can record is 3.7 hours on a 32gb card, by the time I go back to see I missed the even it's already been recorded over.

Another suggestion, I have a feeling that the camera hardware can support a bigger memory card and it's just locked down by software. If this is the case, unlock it! Let us use 64gb/128gb cards.

Papago will lose the US market because of the little things, but I think it's easily fixable.
Have you tried a 64 gb card?
I think it should be able to work with it.
I don't have one so can't try it but from what I read, most dashcams that claim 32GB also work with 64GB.

Have you tried a 64 gb card?
I think it should be able to work with it.
I don't have one so can't try it but from what I read, most dashcams that claim 32GB also work with 64GB.

Yes, I've tried both 64gb Samsung Evo and 64gb Sandisk formatted in FAT32 and exFAT. The dashcam will not recognize it.

Hello,

Thank you for that information. I can understand your complaints. I am going to test out the issue that you described and offer more information on that. As far as the card issue I can forward this response to management and see what they have to say and offer feedback on that as well.

Sincerely,

PAPAGO!

Hello,

Thank you for that information. I can understand your complaints. I am going to test out the issue that you described and offer more information on that. As far as the card issue I can forward this response to management and see what they have to say and offer feedback on that as well.

Sincerely,

PAPAGO!

I've seen a couple people say Papago support is lacking, prove them wrong! I look forward to your response.

I've seen a couple people say Papago support is lacking, prove them wrong! I look forward to your response.
Thanks for the boost of morale! :)
I tested the Emergency file length and what I found is the following:
1. File is 2:10sec
2. Upon pressing the Emergency button the only thing that gets write-protected is 8 sec before.

I sent these finding over to the proper department to see if this can get altered to one minute before and one minute after. Once I get more information I will get back to you.
Kindly,
PAPAGO!

Back