Parking guard failing

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Due to environmental reasons, in this case wet snow.

Starting 90 minutes after i turned off the car, even if it was daytime / brighter, you would have a hard time capturing at least a persons face so he / she could be recognized due to the constantly running water on the glass.
As the 3 hours go on ( time lapse ) it only get worse and in the end just cover my now colder windscreen, and later during the night as temperatures dropped below 0 it turned to ice, make it helluva hard to get off the next day in -8 deg C temperatures.

The camera in use there the Viofo A229 system.

Kamkar,
Have you tried the old trick of covering the windscreen with newspaper?

May not work if it gets too wet though.
Still, it's worth trying.

I have often thought about getting one of those mats to put on the windscreen, sort of like you can get for summer use to stop sun getting into car, but then again these days we Danes do not get much snow.
This past days have been a little out of the ordinary, the same night this was taken some place in the little country saw the coldest December day in 12 years but it was only like -12 deg C.
The amount of snow in the back yard ( 4 inches or so today ) is also about all we have gotten annual the past 10 years or so, and most often it is melted in a day or two, this will also be gone on Monday they say.

When i was a kid in the 70ties, we would get a foot or two several times during a winter, and long times with sub zero so some times people wound be driving on the frozen bay at Aarhus the #2 Largest town in Denmark.
I Have heard that some times it was possible to drive all the way to a island called Samsoe that are so far away you are barely able to see from the town.

PS: i am still on my summer tires, like driving on grease.

Back