Parking mode constantly saving clips

Olorin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone - when I first installed the DR750S, it was only saving clips when motion or impact was detected in parking mode. Now for some reason, I'm seeing 1 minute clips saved every single minute that the camera is in parking mode, regardless of events. Anyone know why this is happening? I'd much prefer the former, since it's taking up a lot of storage on my SD card when in parking mode.

TIA

Hmm, where do you have it parked usually?
Wondering if it's your sensitivity settings that making the cam pick up every little motion it detects.
Maybe start with your motion sensitivity settings since that can be super touchy for motion.

How do you have it hardwired into your vehicle?

I've had motion detection set to around 5 since I installed it, so that much hasn't changed. I did reduce it to 2 today, but it still seems to be saving every minute.

I have the camera wired to a VicoVation battery monitor, which so far is working great.

What about the videos, do you notice motion when reviewing them?
I've seen people report the smallest things when it comes to sensing motion, even in the garage when there should be (typically) no motion.

How does the dashcam record in Parking Mode?
In Parking Mode, your BlackVue is active all the time but does not write to the memory card, unless:
  • Movement is detected by the front or rear camera (sensitivity can be adjusted or turned off). In this case, it creates a one-minute Parking video recording that starts a few seconds before the trigger*.
  • An impact or vibration is picked up by the dashcam’s accelerometer (sensitivity can be adjusted). In this case, it creates a one-minute Event video recording that starts a few seconds before the trigger*.

Grabbed that from BlackVue's website.
Are the files saving as Parking or an Event?

What about the videos, do you notice motion when reviewing them?
I've seen people report the smallest things when it comes to sensing motion, even in the garage when there should be (typically) no motion.

There is absolutely nothing going on in most of them. When first installed it, parking mode worked as it should: every clip had some kind of motion about 5 seconds after the video started (due to the buffering). For example, I'd start watching a clip, and 5 seconds into it I'd see someone walk into frame, another car would drive by, etc. Now it's just saving everything!

There hasn't been anything that you can recall that you may have changed in between the time it was working normally until now?

Hmm, have you done the firmware update to 1.006 yet?
What's your timer / voltage settings on your VicoVation?

I haven't downloaded the lastest firmware yet, but again it was working okay before. I'll be downloading the firmware update shortly though.

I've got my VicoVation set to shut off below 11.6V, or after 6 hours.

Mine will do the same if it's parked in the garage at night with no lighting and the motion sensitivity set to anything other than zero. The only thing I can put it down to is the flashing security light on the dash reflecting off the garage door. Try turning the sensitivity to zero and see if that makes a difference.

Mine will do the same if it's parked in the garage at night with no lighting and the motion sensitivity set to anything other than zero. The only thing I can put it down to is the flashing security light on the dash reflecting off the garage door. Try turning the sensitivity to zero and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try. :)

Well try it yourself and report back.:D
I've turned mine to zero and get no motion recordings at all. Suits me.

Hey everyone - when I first installed the DR750S, it was only saving clips when motion or impact was detected in parking mode. Now for some reason, I'm seeing 1 minute clips saved every single minute that the camera is in parking mode, regardless of events. Anyone know why this is happening? I'd much prefer the former, since it's taking up a lot of storage on my SD card when in parking mode.

TIA
Deactivate Motion Detection completely. OFF. Make sure your G-sensors are active. Make sure your camera is set for Automatic Parking Mode. If you do all that, your camera will go into Parking Mode when you park, stay in that mode until your car starts up again, and will only record Events that are triggered by your G-sensors. So, if someone hits your car, it will be recorded as an Event because the G-sensors will have picked it up. Other than that, no parking videos will be recorded and cluttering up your SD chip.

Deactivate Motion Detection completely. OFF. Make sure your G-sensors are active. Make sure your camera is set for Automatic Parking Mode. If you do all that, your camera will go into Parking Mode when you park, stay in that mode until your car starts up again, and will only record Events that are triggered by your G-sensors. So, if someone hits your car, it will be recorded as an Event because the G-sensors will have picked it up. Other than that, no parking videos will be recorded and cluttering up your SD chip.

Unfortunately if you deactivate motion then you will miss people who keys or scratch your car, especially if you own a fancy car. I have a 4 CH setup (DR 900 and DR 750) for my BMW X3. I also put a few “pro-Jesus” and “medical school” emblems on my car so it’s very polarizing to some. My side cams are to catch people who keys vehicles. Someone did it to my dad’s truck few years ago and I learned my lesson ever since. In total I have 6CH setup.

Unfortunately if you deactivate motion then you will miss people who keys or scratch your car, especially if you own a fancy car. I have a 4 CH setup (DR 900 and DR 750) for my BMW X3. I also put a few “pro-Jesus” and “medical school” emblems on my car so it’s very polarizing to some. My side cams are to catch people who keys vehicles. Someone did it to my dad’s truck few years ago and I learned my lesson ever since. In total I have 6CH setup.

Take the decals off then No good attracting the bastards 6 cameras Paranoid not

And when you have a picture of the scrote who keys your car, what exactly do you do with/about it? Do you 'turn the other door'?:love:

I had the same issue as OP.
Dropped the sensitivity to 2, no joy.
Then I went into the "detection area" settings and unchecked some of the boxes near the edges, and that fixed it.
So now, if some knob keys my car I won't catch them, but if they jump up and down on the middle of the bonnet, I'll have them dead to rights :D

Back