Parking mode doesn't work & shut off for no reason

First two pictures show the ferrite core.
Yeah on whatever website you are. However not on the site where I ordered the product.

Are we really discussing this topic???

Viofo photopshops there products, makes promises of features that you cannot rely on and the feedback of you is: "its the customers fault, there are plenty of sources to doubt the official marketing photos and statements of their products"

So don't buy a Viofo.
No worries. I won't anymore. And I'm not gonna recommend it to anyone.

And I think it's important to give transperency to anyone who might be interest to point out the faults and misinformation provided by the company.

However I went down the road and I am stuck with it now.

So as my final question i need to find out

1)
What setting do I use on the hardwire kit to have maximum parking mode duration?
11.8V?

2)
Does the hardwire kit switch of the viofo dashcam at some time even when the Neo is still charged?!

Set it to the lowest voltage.

It will switch off when the battery isn't providing that voltage. A battery can have a charge but not be delivering full voltage, so this is a hard one to answer and I have a feeling you won't be happy with the result.

Yeah on whatever website you are. However not on the site where I ordered the product.

Are we really discussing this topic???

Viofo photopshops there products, makes promises of features that you cannot rely on and the feedback of you is: "its the customers fault, there are plenty of sources to doubt the official marketing photos and statements of their products"
The manufacturers (Viofo) website.

https://viofo.com/accessories/211-3...o-dash-camera.html#/38-fuse_type-not_included

You didn't purchase from Viofo? Didn't think any of their authorized dealers had the A139 Pro yet, but maybe they do. Where did you purchase?

Reactions: Mtz
Set it to the lowest voltage.

It will switch off when the battery isn't providing that voltage. A battery can have a charge but not be delivering full voltage, so this is a hard one to answer and I have a feeling you won't be happy with the result.
Yeah I worry so too... Let's see if I have a loner duration in Parking mode than just recording 4k when using the full capacity of the Neo battery

And just to address some broader issues...

Yeh, that USB charger is correct, and clearly nothing special about it. I'm using an aftermarket 3A adaptor (I can hear the screams already haha), and of course, it works faultlessly!

And as for the hardwire kit. The ferrit ring is obviously a nice addition, but I do understand the frustration of it. Unfortunately its in the wrong place for my headlining on my car, so I'd either have to remove the entire roof headlining to run the wire, or have a good few more inches of wire hanging out. I might get another one and remove the ferrit ring one day, but the GPS works fine for my needs, so I'm happy as I am for now.

Have you got the link to it? Are you sure its not a A139 as thats all I can find on Amazon?
Are you talking about the hardwire kit or the dashcam?
Both are available at other shops than Viofo

Many cameras are controlled by hw kit for parking mode, viofo is also like this.

I have several, HK3 and HK4 work perfectly with hw kit, also from B-124X battery. HK3 and HK4 are required with the battery too.

Viofo is very good if used as described, no problem with parking mode. The camera also has a timer, if it is set, it switches off sooner than the voltage limit. But I know it's too complicated.

Many cameras are controlled by hw kit for parking mode, viofo is also like this.

I have several, HK3 and HK4 work perfectly with hw kit, also from B-124X battery. HK3 and HK4 are required with the battery too.

Viofo is very good if used as described, no problem with parking mode. The camera also has a timer, if it is set, it switches off sooner than the voltage limit. But I know it's too complicated.
Regarding viofo support themselves the hardwire kit is NOT REQUIRED but recommended...

Question: What battery percentage is left when hardwire kit switch off the recording?

I want to use 100% of my Neo battery capacity and not have the hardwire kit stop recording when there is still 50% Battery charge left...

Images can be misleading. But you can be sure that ferrite definitely exists.

In hardware kits, only the connection type [hk3(mini usb), hk3-type c, hk4 (type-c)] tip varies. There are no other changes.

Upon receipt, it is written that the accessories are under warranty in case of a possible manufacturing defect or deficiency.

Question: What battery percentage is left when hardwire kit switch off the recording?

I want to use 100% of my Neo battery capacity and not have the hardwire kit stop recording when there is still 50% Battery charge left...
I doubt you will be able to use 100% of the battery capacity. It will depend on how long the Neo can maintain >11.8V as it discharges.

If your Neo has a display or an app it should be able to tell you the % remaining? You could do a test by leaving the camera running in parking mode without a timer, then see what the display/app shows after the hardwire kit cuts power at 11.8V.

I doubt you will be able to use 100% of the battery capacity. It will depend on how long the Neo can maintain >11.8V as it discharges.

If your Neo has a display or an app it should be able to tell you the % remaining? You could do a test by leaving the camera running in parking mode without a timer, then see what the display/app shows after the hardwire kit cuts power at 11.8V.
yeah, or @Dashcamuser007 just tells me how much is left since he is using the Neo with the harwire-kit since quite some time already :)
Of course I will test it, but if someone has experience already it's nice to have a reference point to compare to

Of course I will test it, but if someone has experience already it's nice to have a reference point to compare to
Sure. But eventually you will become the person with such information, then you can share your experience and answer other people's questions.

Viofo voltage (USB) 5V, my batter is a 12V system. HK4 make 5V from the 12V.
How do you connected the 3 wire without HK4 to get 5V what is needed by the dashcam?
If you use the bartery’s USB port, it is not ok. Use the 12V outlet with HK4.

Viofo voltage (USB) 5V, my batter is a 12V system. HK4 make 5V from the 12V.
How do you connected the 3 wire without HK4 to get 5V what is needed by the dashcam?
If you use the bartery’s USB port, it is not ok. Use the 12V outlet with HK4.
??? say what again.

Originally I had the Cellink connected with my Viofo via USB Cigarette Port.
Since I had issues with parking mode, now its connected the following way:

on the viofo-site is the HK3-C hardwire kit and on the Cellink Neo is the special 3 wired cable.

Both are connected via Wago cable clamp.

It works perfectly fine - however I don't know at what capacety of the Neo battery the hardwire kit will shut the dashcam off.

Are you talking about the hardwire kit or the dashcam?
Both are available at other shops than Viofo

Oh sorry, I thought you meant you bought the camera from Amazon, but you meant the hardwire kit. Makes sense now :)

Oh sorry, I thought you meant you bought the camera from Amazon, but you meant the hardwire kit. Makes sense now :)
yes. The Dashcam however is also available at online shops in Europe other than viofo themselve

Back