Parking mode not working

Richard76

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm new to the forum,I thank you for any help in advance.I have the think ware f750 hard wired into my 2011 toyota tacoma,I bought the think ware hard wire kit,I have 13.4 volts going to the plug that fits into the dash cam,I went into the setting on the app and enabled the parking and motion settings,I have it shutting down at 12 volts,The security led light works when you turn on the app but when i turn the ignition off the camera turns off as well not showing or saying parking mode recording.Can someone please tell me might i be doing wrong,I tested with my volt meter and reset the unit but no luck.Thanks!!

you sure you have the permanent and accessory connections wired the right way, somewhere along the way they changed the wiring on these and some of them are labelled the wrong way around

Thank you! Yes i unplugged the camera with ignition off..I got my volt meter and tested the plug,I get 13.4 volts to the plug,Then i plugged it back and the camera comes on without ignition,Then goes off..I just can't get parking mode to work...lol

I'm checking my wire tomorrow,I very well could be the wires crossed...lol I'm just use to red=ign yellow=power Black= ground

It sounds like a wiring/power issue did you check power on BOTH sections of the plug the hardwire version has two sections to the plug look carefully you will see this, you might be missing the ACC power this will cause cam to shut down instead of going into park mode, don't forget it takes around 40 seconds normally after power off to switch to parking mode, mine is F770 but guess time will be same ?
I would just recheck basics first on the plug

If you can check the attached image at the camera end please so you know what should be what and then you can see whats going on!

Attachments

• Thinkware Power.JPG
    Thinkware Power.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 42
Thank you,I do now think it's the wires..Ill check from the beginning to end..Man I appreciate all you guy's help!!

Got it all working because of you guys help,Thank you!! Works in parking mode...Got it to shutoff in 6 hours just to test it....Lot to learn about that camera..lol!

Do any of you use the lane warning?If so what sensitivity do you use,If you don't mind me asking?

Front camera

Attachments

• Front Camera.jpg
    Front Camera.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 22
Fuse holder hidden behind glove box,All connections made behind glove box as well.

Attachments

• fuse holder.jpg
    fuse holder.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 19
Rear camera

Attachments

• rear camera.jpg
    rear camera.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 14
Wires ran down A pillar with tesa tape.

Attachments

• A pillar.jpg
    A pillar.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 20
I use Lane Departure Warning in the UK may want different settings for yourself though.

Minimum Sensitivity in both directions and set to operate from 50mph upwards.

I don't use it myself, seems illogical to me to even be there, if you can't see or don't notice that you are straying out of lane then what are you doing instead of watching road ?, I'm sure there are situations I can't think of where it is of use to people but not for me I might try it out of curiosity though!!
Glad your cam is working ok now nice to have "protection" these days esp here where DUI are many!!

Back